Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

superlift and fox.

im looking at some photos here of what you all have done using fox coilovers and the superlift. i have been considering that for my truck for a few years but never seen it done. i have some questions- what length shock? i assume a 2.0 but how long? what valving? what length coils...
  2. W

2001 Explorer Sport Lift few questions

see whats cool with 2wd, you get always get spindles later on. But spindles are really easy to put on and you get alot of ground clearance with them too. The locker is going to be your best investment though. I have yet to get mine, i just dont have the money for it, I want to get my gears and...
  3. W

2001 Explorer Sport Lift few questions

if i were you, get spindles instead of the bodylift, AAL's, extended shackles and maybe crank your bars alittle if its not high enough. Oh, i would not get a limited slip, i would just get a locker because with lsd's, with 2wd, by the time the one tire starts to grab, your already stuck...
  4. W

procomp vs fabtech spindle

the fabtechs will fit explorers no problem as it is the same suspension under a ranger edge, and trailhead.
  5. W

snorkle from another vehicle

like a toyota tacoma or anything RHS? Anyone ever modified one to fit? just curious,
  6. W

01+ lifted sports--photos

does the one have just a body and the other a suspension and body lift?
  7. W

awesome, i appreciate it!
  8. W

who owns that truck? I have all kinds of questions, lol. anyways, thanks again
  9. W

oh man, those are great. thanks keep them coming though, i need ideas
  10. W

i have searched alot, came up with nothing. I guess the 3rd generation sport is kinda rare to find lifted. Anyways, i want to see what some look like with some lift on them. so if any of you find photos of some or have a 3rd gen sport with a lift on it, please post it, i would greatly appreciate...
  11. W

gas mileage with 33's

my ranger gets 19 city/highway,
  12. W

gas mileage with 33's

i just did a search, found that post, had some good stuff in it, but what about those of you that have 33's on a 4x4 sport or a 2wd sport, with a 4.10 or 3.73, doesnt matter, thanks -matt
  13. W

gas mileage with 33's

one thing i am curious is what kind of mileage do you all get with 33's? Thats kind of dictating weather or not i take the lift off my truck and put it on a explorer with my 33's. thanks in advance, -matt
  14. W

2wd lift kit

hey, do you think you could post some photos? Im curious to see what a 2001+ sport looks like with lift. Im acutally considering doing a 2wd instead of a 4x4 because i have done spindles before and i can just pull the lift kit out of my truck and use it.
  15. W

new leaf springs: not so good :(

deavers are great springs
  16. W

Shock replacement interval

i changed mine at 30k when i did the lift, the stock ones were all blown from offroading. The bilsteins are awesome though, i always recomend bilsteins, and , if you all are interested, you can use a class 11 7100 on the front of any torsion bar explorer or ranger. you just have to fabricate a...
  17. W

2001 kit- ranger superlift

oh ok, i wanted to make sure
  18. W

285 75 16 on a 02 sport

thats awesome, thanks!
  19. W

285 75 16 on a 02 sport

hey cool, thanks, do you think you could post some photos?
  20. W

2001 kit- ranger superlift

i did lots of searching, and found pretty much all that i needed. the only question i have is: what are the differences in the ranger superlift versus the explorer kit? is it due to the fact that the ranger kit comes with blocks and the ex kit comes with spring packs? just cuious, because...
  21. W

fabtech suspention

camburg has a new kit out for the edge, it give 10" of wheel travel. they actually cycled 12" but strapped it at 10" because the upper arm will hit and dent the shock cans. the kit is the toughest kit you can get for your money, but only 2wd.
  22. W

Fabtech vs. Procomp 2WD Lift Spindles

actually the fabtech spindles make it 1.5 total in track width. if you have 16" wheels you can use stock rims and tires no problem. Its just with 15" wheels, the outer lip is really close to hitting the spindle. So if you have 16" your golden. I would not trade the fabtechs for the procomps, the...
  23. W

285 75 16 on a 02 sport

http://wolfman00.20megsfree.com/images/truck1.jpg copy and paste, hopefully that should work.
  24. W

285 75 16 on a 02 sport

Back