Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

tranny lockup 92 v6 4wd 5 speed

lockup checked the fluid. plenty of it, clean, no metal filings, grit. i raised the vehicle up on all 4's. started & put it in 1st. when i let out the clutch pedal there's a ratcheting/clacking sound that seems to be coming from the tranny. also, the "rear antilock" indicator was lit the...
  2. E

1994 Explorer Rear door wont open

got'r open i removed cap exposing window latch. couldnt pry or push the latch open. cut out the ribbed area of the plastic panel to expose the window latch rod. pulled the rod outward and the hatch opened. repaired the hatch handle (jury rigged it). works fine. my thanks 2 all who responded.
  3. E

1994 explorer wheel alignment

done took off hubs and tightened bearings. fairly easy job. there was a c-type snap ring buried under all the grease. got that off and the found a sliding flat key in a notch that served the purpose of a cotter pin to hold the bearing nut from loosening. wheels look straighter. good enough...
  4. E

1994 explorer radio

No radio so i want to put a cd player in. there's 2 connectors one has the power, ground, remote, illum, etc. the other is an almost square conn with 8 pins. i assumed speakers were connected to this plug. resistance checks dont indicate speaker ohmage. in the hundreds of thousands of ohms...
  5. E

i'll try the 3-9 wiggle to make sure. it's a 4wd with auto hubs. will let u know
  6. E

the front wheels look a little knock kneed. i raised the front end and suspended it on floor jacks. now the wheels look aligned. the wheels both have some play in them when i wiggle them top and bottom from the side. there isnt any slop in the ball joints or steering linkage. do you think the...
  7. E

i'll give it a try.
  8. E

about where do you think would be a good place to cut?
  9. E

at 1st the window would open but door wouldnt. i forced the issue and now even the window wont open. i noticed a inward dent right below the release handle. as if the auto had been bumped there. the handle is jammed in a 90 degree position from it's neutral. anyone have an idea how to get this...
  10. E

94 explorer wont start

it runs cranked right up. runs well. smooth. i have a couple non-engine problems with it but i'll start a new thread when i get all data needed.
  11. E

94 explorer wont start

changed fp dropped the tank and changed the pump. got the gas out by pulling fill hose off and siphoning. left fuel lines on pump assembly and removed motor, replaced and put every thing back together. had a helper. even then it was a chore. thanks all for advice and diagram.
  12. E

94 explorer wont start

half full gas tank b4 i drop the tank to chg fp, how would i get all that gas out of the tank?
  13. E

94 explorer wont start

its the pump checked fuse 16...ok checked relay & inertia sw....ok ok...checked voltage at fp connector.. 12 v... slaved in 12v to fp connector....current flowed, no fp noise.
  14. E

not clutch clutch engages strong. after a few feet of travel the rig comes to a grinding lurching halt as if 2 gears were engaged at once and the engine bogs down under strain, the clutch still firmly engaged. i cant help but wonder if the transfer case is partially engaged. is there an elec...
  15. E

Ranger tranny lockup Forgot 2 mention it's a Ranger Extra cab.
  16. E

my transmission locks up when trying to go forward. grinding/whirring sounds occur when trying to go fwd. sometimes the truck will go for quite a few feet fwd before it starts to grind & lockup. anyone got a fix for this?
  17. E

94 explorer wont start

what do i short the pin to? ground? or another pin on the connector?
  18. E

94 explorer wont start

my thanks to Iron Weasel for the wiring diagram.
  19. E

94 explorer wont start

cant hear a hum with ignition switch turned on. i'll ck the fuse and inertia sw & let u know what comes up. the front wheels look knockkneed so maybe they baja'ed the sw into tripping.
  20. E

94 explorer wont start

i bot this 94, v6, 4dr that wouldnt start. the owner said the fuel pump was out. i could use a wiring diagram or some assistance in getting to the root of the problem. i dont want to change the fp without verifying it's dead. any help would be much appreciated. thanx
Back