Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

MyFord Touch Upgrade Inbound

Ultimately the email I received clicks through to this website. (I stripped the referral ID to my email address in the link.) The description reads like it is the completely redesigned update with the new layout, but the pictures do not look that new. The various press releases all indicate...
  2. P

MyFord Touch Upgrade Inbound

I just received the email from Ford stating that I can download an update to MyFordTouch. Naturally, syncmyride.com is unusable at this time, so I cannot get the full details about this specific update. Is this pending update that I can download and install today the same one that the press...
  3. P

Off-road Awesome!

The Official Terrain Management Mode Settings from The Truth About Cars review of the 2011 Ford Explorer: Truck Mode Spaceships and Railroad Tracks Cactus Proximity Giant Snowflakes I am surprised the review made no mention of the center button on the knob, which is obviously for...
  4. P

Favorite color combinations

Agree with you on that combination. Silver on black just looks classy. (That is why my wife and I chose that color combo.) Also, the XLT grill color looks the same as the Ingot Silver body color, so people think you paid more for a Limited.
  5. P

Video Reviews

Trust me I would love to. But my wife says absolutely not. We got 4WD for those one to two weeks out of the year where ice storms hit our area, and $2k extra was not a big deal given how much we were going to pay anyway. My new Ex is going to be a kid-hauler, which means that even if I were to...
  6. P

Video Reviews

Nice find on that video. I have been scouring YouTube for '11 Explorer off-road stuff for awhile and managed to completely miss that one. Nice to see the unibody frame held up very well on the 3 and 2 wheel bumps. I suspect that when he was opening and closing the doors while it was up on three...
  7. P

Off Road Video

Best description of the Terrain Management System settings so far: Truck mode Railroad tracks and spaceships Cactus proximity Large snowflakes Originally from The Truth About Cars.
  8. P

Off Road Video

My wife would kill me if I ever took our new '11 Explorer off road (despite the fact that we have 4wd), so this Youtube video is the closest I'll ever get. Despite the unibody frame and lower ground clearance, the new Explorer is still very off road capable.
  9. P

Cool Video - Assembly Line

Here is another one with footage from Chicago Assembly. You can see a few explorers go through here and there. Youtube has some other "b roll" footage from Chicago Assembly as well.
  10. P

XLT HD Radio???

Not on mine... This link has more information on how to tell if you have HD radio. Click on the "How to" tab about 1/3 of the way from the top. My new XLT 202A should have premium sound (for the XLT trim level), yet does not have it.
  11. P

1000 Mile Engine Break-In: How Critical?

Engine break-in question Is there going to be any problems with full-throttle starts during the engine break-in period? I wanted to thoroughly test my new Explorer before my wife and I complete the sale (it is a factory order), but did not want to do anything that could damage the engine before...
  12. P

Ford's new robots used on the 2011 explorer?

Thank you for looking into that and getting back with a clear answer.
  13. P

Sorry if I was not clear. I am getting a 2011 Explorer, and was hoping my soon to be built 2011 Explorer would get the benefit of the new robots. They are still making 2011s, and will not begin making the 2012 until mid July. Rereading my original post, I see how that wording is weird. I...
  14. P

Can anyone confirm whether the new robots installed at the Chicago Assembly Plant (the ones that will do precise measuring for quality control) are in use for the 2011 Explorer? Everything I read so far seems to indicate that they will be used on the Explorers starting with the 2012s, but this...
Back