Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

Halogen to HID/HIR Headlight Upgrade

After removing my HID kit and back to halogens...I missed HID's too much. I went to my friends shop who specializes in aftermarket items. As noted in my prior posts, the projectors on the explorer are horrible. I had hot spotting even with the halogen lights and HID's just amplified it...
  2. E

My 2012 Ford Explorer Limited with Shark Fin Antenna

Sorry for the late reply. I didn't see this post. I wish it was tuxedo black. Unfortunately when I ordered my vehicle, tuxedo black was not available at the time on the 2012.
  3. E

Ford Explorer HID Conversion Kits (problem?)

I also keep my headlight switch in auto. To get rid of the problem with my aftermarket HID kit, I use the remote start on the key fob to start the engine. I get into the car, foot on the brake and push the start button and the headlights always come on perfectly. As cnsheets said, the...
  4. E

2012 Limited with Steering Issues

ncgirl_2009 - I'll keep an eye on it. Ford was unable to diagnose it as noted in my prior post. I'm wondering now if it might be the tires? Who knows. I'll have them re check it when I take it back in a few weeks. (My rear cupholder behind the center console snapped off). Thanks for the...
  5. E

ncgirl_2009: I got my car back and they couldn't find any problems with it. They said it's electric steering so they hooked the car up to the computer and there were zero faults. I'm beginning to think it's my imagination, but I swear the car is much more difficult to drive now than before. How...
  6. E

ncgirl_2009 - I have an appointment this Wednesday so I'll keep you updated. Also let me know when you get your Ex back if the problem was resolved. Thanks! -Eric
  7. E

Interesting! I should take mine in as well. Over the last few weeks I've noticed something "just wasn't right." Because I've been on the go lately, I took my car to Firestone for a quick check on the alignment but everything was ok. At low speeds if I'm turning the wheel, it feels like...
  8. E

LOL @ Peter. I just bought a new house and moved in a few weeks ago... hence it's still neat and tidy. :D
  9. E

MFT displays iPod song info... but no sound

I had to repair my phone and download the phone book again. I haven't checked everything else..I was just happy to have my iPod back.
  10. E

Finally installed mine a few days ago and couldn't be happier. I ruined my stock antenna in a parking garage so I was happy to replace it....
  11. E

Ok..figured it out but left it here in case anyone else experiences this.... I read to do a master reset..and it fixed the problem.
  12. E

So one day my iPod stopped playing music. As I usually do....I unplug the iPod..wait a few seconds and plug it back in. However, this time...it didn't work. If I'm playing a CD, and switch to my USB (iPod)...I can see the song title/artist on my Multi-Info display on the dash and on the...
  13. E

Does anyone have feedback in regards to the sharkfin antenna and car washes? How has it held up in a carwash? Thanks for any information.
  14. E

*OFFICIAL* MFT - MyFord Touch v2 Software Bugs and Fixes Thread

Yeah I checked that too. Unfortunately it still doesn't play right. I'm wondering if it's because it's a 1st generation Ipod nano? I was reading on the forums some 1st generation users are having problems as well.
  15. E

I feel your frustration. I hate the fact I can't see the fan speed... very irritating and frustrating among other things. Also - My iPod playlists are still playing in totally random order which frustrates me even more. The TWO things I use the most (climate and music) are messed up.
  16. E

Installed my update last week and I'm frustrated as most of you posting here: Climate - There's no fan speed icon in the lower right of the 4 quadrants anymore (between the L and R temperatures). Small annoyance. Music - Specific to iPod MFT does not properly play my playlists If I...
  17. E

HID light cleaning

I agree. The beam pattern is not consistent, even with halogens. There's hot spots and an uneven beam pattern. Since adding HID's (4300K), it just amplifies the poor projectors. My prior cars have had much cleaner and even beam patterns even without projectors. '06 Acura RL '05 MB C230...
  18. E

Help with auto headlamps

Hi Peter.. Thanks for the tips. I tried it again..and although I managed to extend the time the lights stay on after turning the vehicle off. I think the trick is to do it quickly in succession. I probably waited too long between steps when I first tried it. Thanks again. -Eric
  19. E

Explorer A-Pillar Rattle/Noise

This thread is so long I'm looking for a quick fix until I bring my Ex in for it's first service. Where exactly do I use the black tape? Can anyone post a picture?
  20. E

911 Assist Reminder Message

I'm wondering if anyone else experiences this... I turn the reminder to "off" in my settings so it doesn't repeat this message every time I start up the vehicle. However sometimes the settings get reverted back to "on" and the message plays when I start up the vehicle. I have to then go...
  21. E

Help with auto headlamps

I've tried this... the problem I have is between step 5 and 6. It says to turn the vehicle off...then switch the lights into the autolamp position. The problem is my headlights do not turn on. I'm doing this at night btw. I'll try it again tonight. -Eric
  22. E

2013 Explorer info about to be posted???

I only see the HID's with the LTD 302A package? (Or 303A with the EcoBoost) Or am I mistaken?
  23. E

Help with auto headlamps

I was just going to post about this as well. My headlights do stay on but only for 10 seconds. I want to set the delay to 30 seconds. I tried to follow the instructions in the manual but it's very confusing as well. Anyone have any luck?
  24. E

Ford of Japan Accessories

I'm very rusty so here goes about the Navi system... AVN-Z01 16GB SD "Memory Card" Map on Demand Backlit Display Eco Drive Support (?) - Gasoline consumption and C02 emissions AVNF01i An app to find where your car is via your iPhone Instant Support / Car Newsletter There's too...
  25. E

Velcro on seat belt?

I just noticed the passenger seat belt latch has velcro on it. Does anyone know what that's for?
Back