Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Bottom Door Edge Issue??

Paint Blistering / Bubbling Anyone eles experiencing paint bubbling / blistering along the door seams of the all doors on the Explore? Our 2013 Explore has paint blisters along the edge of the doors on the inside on all four doors, the driver's side rear door being the worst. with only...
  2. S

Transmission Fluid?

It smelled oily. An I doubt it was radiator fluid as it's -8 right now and has been no more than 14 all the way home. Temperature gage never moved into the hot.
  3. S

Transmission Fluid?

Just returned from a 1300 mile road trip. Though we would make it home on our last take of gas but needed to stop for another. I noted that the engine sounded like it was revving, not grabbing top gear. When I got home there was six inches of snow in the driveway so I pulled in and snow...
  4. S

Problems with Gas Fill

Had the same issues with our 2013 Explorer. Had my wife mention the spider issue to the service manager when she dropped it off. He looked at her sideways. When she went to pick it up he leapt out from behind the counter to shake her hand. Said the evap tank was full of spider webs...
  5. S

Ecoboost Test Drive Impressions

Not at all. If you don't drive it like you stole it. I just traded in an Ecoboost Flex and we managed 24 highway mpg with six adults on board A/c running and driving 75 mph. That 24 MPG was a regular occur acne on road trips and improved to 26 when we had less weight and weren't running the A/C...
  6. S

DVD Headrest and other options questions

I don't understand what you are asking. There is no need to charge them. They are powered when the car is running or when the key is in the accessory position. No need to charge them. The headphones have replaceable batteries. The players are hard wired into the headrest. Can't see the wires as...
  7. S

They don't charge to my knowledge. Wireless head phones are a plus. Being able to play two separate movies or the same movie is a plus. I tried the iPad route with our flex. It didn't work out. I can imagine that a thief would be much more tempted to do a smash and dash with iPads vs the...
  8. S

Ecoboost Test Drive Impressions

Funny I was all ready to jump on the just adequate comments and the less than stunning acceleration then as I read the post I saw that you were talking about the 4 cyl. Try the Ecoboost Six. Those comments will go away!
  9. S

I have them and they are pricy. You don't have the ability to control it from the front. On the plus side, safe and secure, no wires and the kids love them ( long trips only).
  10. S

DVD Head Rest Install

Thanks to sgt1411i was able to view the install instructions. Looks like the didn't install the parts that keep the wires from unplugging from one another. When I looked at the wires it seems that the tech may have used shrink covering instead. Can't tell for sure.
  11. S

DVD Head Rest Install

Thanks for the offer. PM sent
  12. S

DVD Head Rest Install

Yeah, I've about had it with this dealership. They have screwed up too many times in the past and continue to do so. I was about to put in an order for the new Focus ST and at this point, I have no confidence in the dealerships ability to deliver the car without incident, nor can I speak...
  13. S

Mud Flaps / Splash Guards / DIY Pics

Couldn't find them at auto parts store but I did find them at lowes. Thanks for the tip. Install went easy after the first fender. They were kind of gummed up but the rest came right out.
  14. S

DVD Head Rest Install

I spent a good part of the day today putting on accessories. As I was cleaning up I opened up the boxes that the DVD / Head Rest came in and found a bunch of unused parts. There are plastic bits that look like they were made to encase and protect the wires and foam with peel and stick on it...
  15. S

First Photos

16. S

Mud Flaps / Splash Guards / DIY Pics

Mud Flaps / Splash Guards I am attempting to install mud flaps (OEM) and there are several plastic retainers that need to be removed and reused. I've encountered these before and they are fragile. I can usually turn the plastic philips head out of the other plastic washer like bit, but...
  17. S

Picking Up Our X Today.

I've only driven it a bit since its the wife's ride! She is adjusting to it after Flex ownership. Says its apples to oranges.
  18. S

Picking Up Our X Today.

Off to a bad start. Dealership screwed up. Really pissed my wife off but that's a short trip. Got there and even though they have had the car since Friday, they hadn't installed the roof cross bars or the DVD player. At first they weren't even sure if the parts were in stock. After. Heckling...
  19. S

Picking Up Our X Today.

My first experience with an Explorer was being parked next to one at a drive in movie showing of Jurassic Park. I remember looking over at the Explorer as one was being ripped apart by the T-Rex on the screen. Made the movie a bit 3D as I imagined being in that X! At the time I thought it...
  20. S

Baxterdown - Yours is much nicer! IMO

No, that's why I was stalking you here!
  21. S

Is the 3.5 V6 the same engine used in the EcoBoost V6

I don't think they are the same but can't give you the details. If memory serves. We have the same V6 that is in the Fusion Sport.
  22. S

Baxterdown - Yours is much nicer! IMO

Baxterdown. Did you ever get my PM about making the switch from the Flex to the Explorer? Following in your footsteps. Truckster from Flexnet
  23. S

Some orders moving quick

Mine was ordered, built and delivered to the dealership in 29 days. Picking it up on Monday.
  24. S

I just ordered a 2013 Explorer!

It's in as of today! 29 days. Dealer says its a new record. We will pick it up on Monday after work.
Back