Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

ignition chime stays on after key removed

My owner's manual says #6 is the right horn. The electrical system has really gone haywire now. The chime is gone again (even after I reinserted fuse 15). However, there are several warning lights in the instrument cluster that are either dimly lit or flickering. Sometimes I hear a noise...
  2. T

I appreciate your help so far... The chime just came back even with the #15 fuse removed. (It just randomly started with the fuse out.) I think something electrical is going on here... maybe? I tapped on the keyhole side of the ignition switch quite firmly with a small hammer, but it's...
  3. T

There is nothing in the ignition. I did spray some WD40 inside it after the problem occurred, as I read elsewhere that it might help (but it didn't). I recently had the carpets shampooed-- could water have gotten somewhere that might affect the ignition ground?
  4. T

I have a 2003 XLS. The car doesn't seem to recognize when the key is removed from the ignition. If I turn the car off, remove the key, and open the driver's door, the chime dings and won't stop—at least not until the driver's door is closed. Also, I can't lock my doors. (They unlock about...
  5. T

3gen 2004 > rear diff friction modifier?

Hey sorry to revive an old thread... but... I have '03 (2wd) Explorer with a limited slip differential. I actually just purchased the vehicle from a friend, who had changed the rear end twice before due to the noise. The differential that is currently on the car has <10k miles, and it is...
  6. T

3 quick questions: part source, oil pan gasket, front pads

1. What is the best online parts store for our Explorers? 2. I will be changing the lower oil pan gasket on my '03 XLS (4.0). What is the proper torque for the bolts? 3. I will also be swapping out the front brake pads, which I have never done on an Explorer. Is there anything in...
Back