Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Rough Idle when warm

Soaked for an entire month They've been soaking a while, I don't think it's necessary to do it this long but I've been under an overwhelming workload here lately and haven't had time to tackle this. I finally got a chance to use my Xmas gift ultrasonic cleaner. It's much stronger than the...
  2. R

Rough Idle when warm

I think you have two issues; vacuum leaks and dirty injectors. Erratic rough idle is probably a vacuum leak, the little rubber boots connecting all the lines are probably dry rotted, cracked, and leaky, expanded, and are causing fuel pressure irregularities. When the rubber boots expand and...
  3. R

Need 93 Explorer Premium Radio

Sent out Tuesday It should be there today. Check your inbox for the tracking number
  4. R

NEED Wiring diagrams Limited anti theft controller module & remote power door locks

Score This helps tremendously, these are legible and printable, thank you. It should be a sticky, I dug and dug and dug. I've been traveling with my electrical toolbox and meters just in case something goes wrong, and it did. The alarm went off when I arrived at work, I couldn't disarm it...
  5. R

Rough Idle when warm

Pulse Tester I built one of those as well, It's shoved way to the back of my toolbox now. Be careful with the alligator clips, injectors, and sparks. I started a fire not paying attention. For pulsing the Injectors, I'd suggest building this...
  6. R

Rough Idle when warm

http://www.berrymanproducts.com/products/gasoline/b-12-chemtool-carburetor-fuel-system-and-injector-cleaner/ I like it. It probably is better. I have multiple sets of injectors I haven't serviced yet, I think I'll pick some up and give it a try. I haven't noticed any brittleness or...
  7. R

My 5.0 swap with details

Hoosier observer Scribin'
  8. R

Rough Idle when warm

Carb Cleaner I'll soak the injectors in carb cleaner for a couple days. Now, I'm not exactly sure how long you should do this for..... I've forgot about them before and left them in this solution for a couple months - and I'm not kidding, yes they still worked fine. After this, ultrasonic...
  9. R

NEED Wiring diagrams Limited anti theft controller module & remote power door locks

Figured out the door locks I f... up the factory remote keyless entry module, but I redeemed myself by installing off the shelf relays in their place. I figured it out, it' wasn't easy, but I got it. I came up with my own wiring diagram. Since the '94 with a factory alarm with two step...
  10. R

Comment by 'RustySJohnson' in media 'jun01263'

Clay bar, not many know what it's for.
  11. R

Comment by 'RustySJohnson' in media 'Jurassicpark_005'

Classic. You did a great job.
  12. R

I've found bits and pieces spread all over the forums, but most are not legible after printing or are incomplete. These modules are integrated. I'm installing a deluxe aftermarket remote start with remote keyless entry and am eliminating the factory setup. If anyone has the EVTM, or wiring...
  13. R

Just PM me your address I'll let you know what the shipping cost is after I send it, I can't imagine it running more than $15. Paypal, check, whatever. This radio would just sit on the shelf till I get sick of storing it and toss it. It's in great shape. I converted to a double DIN stereo...
  14. R

Almost forgot You are welcome to it, free of charge. Just pay the sipping.
  15. R

Rough Idle when warm

Be sure and give us some feedback if this works. This could be a First step in a troubleshooting guide, cleaning\rebuilding the injector's are much more involved.
  16. R

Rough Idle when warm

The short answer Dirty fuel injectors. There are a couple more things to check, but you'll address it when you remove the injectors for service.
  17. R

Rough Idle when warm

I'm 3 for 3, E-v-e-r-y. S-i-n-g-l-e. o-n-e has had this same problem. I drive around a while, turn it off - grab a couple things at the Quick Stop, and BAM - it runs like $h!t and pull out of my parking space holding my head in shame as if I'm another schmuck who doesn't maintain my ride...
  18. R

Double DIN conversion

Sand, bondo, sand, bondo I've got somewhere around 24 hours in getting it to this point. Still rough, It's got to be perfect, because every flaw will be highly noticeable so close to your view. Time to get started on the vents. Fortunately, I kept the dash trim and vents from the green...
  19. R

Double DIN conversion

The easy part's done Time to start fabbing the dash trim. I used pieces of the cutouts to fabricate the edges. I created the molds out of card stock, balsa wood, and blue tape. I poured bondo-glass. This is a very tedious and intricate process. It takes hours upon hours to get it right.
  20. R

Double DIN conversion

Sealing the vent. Using any plastic tub, storage box, or food container, fabricate a piece to seal off the vent space and create the chamber for the stereo. A container with square edges and no concave/convex curves are ideal. Word to the wise, don't let your significant other know you're...
  21. R

Double DIN conversion

..and more cutting. Only the hack saw was used for all of this. No power tools or knife yet.
  22. R

Double DIN conversion

Let's start cutting Be prepared to cut your hands up, lots of sharp edges.
  23. R

Double DIN conversion

Basic tools to get started The lions share of the work is done with the hacksaw. The tape measure didn't get much use, most of it is eyballed. T20 Torx head screwdriver is a must. Blue tape helps me mark were to cut and aides with the pictures. Heavy duty scissors, sharp knife, and black...
  24. R

Double DIN conversion

Owning retro doesn't mean you have to settle with obsolete electronics, those of us loyal to the first gen's we are now dealing with a 20 year old (or more on the '91) technology. Media, safety, entertainment, and navigation can all be modernized and upgraded but your options are limited with a...
  25. R

Premium radio Mine will be available shortly...I may have a couple come to think of it. I'll check when I get home. PM me. Aftermarket, yes you're better off. They work with the amplifiers in the rear as well. You don't have to be an expert to install either.
Back