Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

HELP! power seats in a XLS

Here's what I'm dealing with now. I trimmed everything except for the wires that go to the motor and the wires that go to the switch. Now I just need to get it all connected and then powered. Here's pics.
  2. F

any other ideas before i start cutting **** up blindly lol!
  3. F

Yea I thought about cutting the harness out and going that route but wanted to leave it all intact if I could like I did on the passenger side. Either way is ok with me if you know which color wire is for the power. There is like 8 different wires that have red in them but no single solid red wire.
  4. F

explorer = 2002 xls 4 door seats = 2003 mountaineer with power, heat and memory i cannot get the drivers seat to work on my explorer. the passenger seat was super easy and works great by following this write up i dont have heat on the passenger side but i dont care about that. the power...
  5. F

third gen full interior swap (2002-2005)

ill have to check on the harness situation and hopefully the guy who was parting out the monty will let me cut up the harness. got everything about halfway done. all the holes are already pre drilled and tapped so thats good. so far the only issues are getting power/functionality out of...
  6. F

i didnt think about that but i dont think that will work either since the leather seats have head rests and my old cloth ones dont. i have the same exact cloth interior as pictured in the original post.
  7. F

adding to my 02 xls

well i took care of the mirror situation...picked up a set off a mountaineer that has the heat and puddle light. now ill just have to mod them for the blinkers if its that important to me lol!
  8. F

i just picked up an interior out of a mountaineer for my 02 xls...my ex has manual front seats where the mountaineer interior has heated and powered front seats. what do i need to do to make them function? i thought about swapping the bases but i need to at least get power to them to be able to...
  9. F

Charging System Problem

i had a similar issue...both checked out fine in a test. replaced the battery and havent had the problem since. i didnt have any lights or problems except the battery would be dead after the truck was off for a period of time.
  10. F

adding to my 02 xls

are the aviator side mirrors plug and play or completely different?
  11. F

adding to my 02 xls

well im glad to hear the mirrors are plug and play. now is there a plug and play mirror out there with the power, heat, and blinker option? maybe a 4th gen mirror or something?
  12. F

adding to my 02 xls

How would I control the heat feature on the side mirrors since I don't already have that feature?
  13. F

adding to my 02 xls

few questions before i pull the trigger on some purchases. i have a 2002 xls that doesnt have the keypad entry on the drivers door, a DVD entertainment for the rear, has just a plan rearview mirror, no overhead console, manual turn dial knobs for heat and a/c, visors with no lights, regular...
  14. F

WTB NY: all 4 center caps for oem 16" wheels

found a set locally so i dont have to look at those rusty lug nuts anymore lol!
  15. F

Check guage

the check gauge light comes on because its warning you that you have low fuel...if your fuel gauge is not working then thats a different issue.
  16. F

That's odd - bigger tires corrected my speedometer

I had a similar issue with my 02 ex but my speedo would read low according to my gps with the stock tires and now it reads high with the 265/75/16's that are on it now. So I guess my ex wants bigger than stock tires but not as big as my current rubber lol!
  17. F

275 70 16 stock?

im running 265/75/16 with no issues on my 02
  18. F

2005 XLT Explorer Tire Size

265/75/16 fit perfect on my 02 ex with no issues what so ever and i believe all 4 corners have broken springs lol!
  19. F

2002 explorer xls issues and questions

a little update...thanks to this awesome forum and the great writes by some of the members, i have resolved the rear window situation. both the regulators were bad so i found the cheapest ones i could on the internet and replaced them. i think it was ~$200 worth of parts. i also have...
  20. F

How to: Replace Front Blend Door Actuator in 3rd Gen Ex.

thanks once again Rondo...this write up saved my ass and was so fantastic. mine has been clicking now for a few months but i still had heat so i put it off. well yesterday the clicking became very faint and i had no heat. today i called a few local ford dealerships, picked up the actuator...
  21. F

2002 explorer xls owner

thanks Tony!
  22. F

holy crap thats amazing...i need to find a junk yard with some intact 3rd gen interiors. do you know if the black leather was only in the mountaineers or if the explorers or aviators had a dark leather too?
  23. F

2002 explorer xls owner

Relatively new to the site. Mostly just been browsing so far. My name is Ryan and i live in Clifton park, NY. I love my explorer. It's a 2002 xls. Stock for now minus upgraded OEM wheels and 265/75/16 mud terrain tires. Here's a recent pic.
  24. F

That's awesome! How much did you pay for the mountaineer interior?
  25. F

Thanks for the thorough response.
Back