Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

On Road/All Terrain tires for 20 ST with Street Pack

I'm a 4 time Explorer owner ('98, '12, '16, Sport, '20 ST). I have used a lot of knowledge from the site (windshield noise issues, sunroof leaks...) I moved from Cali to Texas and am a 1st responder in my POV so am on a lot more dirt roads than I used to be. I have a Smittybuilt push bar on the...
  2. B

Updated 2020 Order Guide

I am working on ordering a ST in the Rapid Red and been in the "Build and Price" website since it opened for the 2020 Explorer. Only wanted the ST and amazed/disappointed they didn't offer a 2nd row bench. Lo and behold, it looks like they now do. Its in the interior option list and lets me...
  3. B

Explorer A-Pillar Rattle/Noise

Tricia, I appreciate all the information and offer for assistance, but when I went in the next day to Fairview Ford, my service writer David Hoppel, already had the TSB printed out for me, and had the part in stock, found me a unused office I could work in, and had Service fix the problem in...
  4. B

Removing 3rd Row Seats & Installing Cross Brace

Guys, I just got a 16 Sport and it comes with the power third row. Has anyone removed the power third row on theirs yet? I am planning to do the x-brace and the load floor and a Setina cargo box, if possible. Thanks in advance
  5. B

Tricia, Thanks so much for your suggestions and offer. My Service Writer did check for TSB's when i had it in and he did go for a drive. It made the same noise last night on my way home and i did record it, and today emailed the recording to my Service Writer. Going in tomorrow for the mud...
  6. B

Service writer Yes, he went for a 20 minute ride with me at freeway speeds, but there wasn't much wind that day and couldn't really recreate it. He also checked TSBs for my VIN. I've got 2000 miles on my Ex. I will try to record it when it reoccurs.
  7. B

I have the same problem at the same speeds mentioned in earlier posts, but couldn't recreate it when I took it to the dealer today, go figure. It seems to be not just the speed, but needs a wind component to cause the issue. They said they cant just order it based on my reporting the issue, so...
Back