Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

03 Explorer Head Unit

ya im just going to cut it and wire it to the harness adapter then should plug right into the harness in the vehicle!. then should be good to go I believe
  2. T

03 Explorer Head Unit

Well I am ordering the right harness. Tried to test fit and it wasnt the right one. But the harness that came with the head unit do I cut the plug off the end of the "power cable" so i can wire it together with the harness adapter?
  3. T

03 Explorer Head Unit

Well pulled out my stock head unit tonight to check the adapter harness. Wrong one. But the package said for 2/4 door explorers 2000-2003 (somewhere around those years).
  4. T

03 Explorer H/U Swap

this is the harness that came with new head unit and plugs into the new head unit. There are these "free" wires, and it also splits into a plug. These are the harnesses from (left to right) plugs into new head unit, then I have the end of the new head unit harness where there is a plug...
  5. T

03 Explorer Head Unit

this is the setup I have right now. (From left to right) Plugs into head unit has some free wires and an end with a plug. The next harness is the "adapter" this is the labeled wires on the harness that came with the new head unit. How do I go about this
  6. T

03 Explorer Head Unit

I got ya. My only problem is the harness that came with the new head unit plugs into the radio then the other end has a plug and a couple free wires. Do I cut the plug end so I can wire those wires to the adapter harness I have? Maybe I need to post a picture?
  7. T

03 Explorer Head Unit

so my new head unit harness is set up like this. The plug that goes into the new head unit, then some free wires (power amp sub ground illumination) then also has a group of wires that goes into another plug. Am I supposed to cut that and wire those wires into the harness adapter I bought?
  8. T

03 Explorer H/U Swap

so my new head unit harness is set up like this. The plug that goes into the new head unit, then some free wires (power amp sub ground illumination) then also has a group of wires that goes into another plug. Am I supposed to cut that and wire those wires into the harness adapter I bought?
  9. T

03 Explorer H/U Swap

I think im going to just go ahead and buy one through crutchfield it looks a bit different. Does the factory sub connect through rca's?
  10. T

03 Explorer H/U Swap

I was going to but have not got around to it
  11. T

03 Explorer Head Unit

I have an 03 Explorer Eddie Bauer w/ factory sub. I just recently purchased a new head unit (touch screen, dvd, reverse camera, etc.) I did buy a new harness but not quite sure it's the right one. It is made by Scosche part # FDK106. Anybody know if that is the right one? Any tips for the...
  12. T

03 Explorer H/U Swap

Thought this place was full of information... Guess I need to look elsewhere?
  13. T

03 Explorer H/U Swap

I have a 2003 Eddie Bauer Explorer w/ factory sub. I purchased a new head unit (touch screen, video, reverse camera, etc.) I bought a harness from Wal-Mart (Scosche FDK106). Does anybody know if this is the right harness? Any tips on the install? I have not done a swap myself. Any...
  14. T

My '03

The wheels are beginning to look like ****. They are peeling around the center. I would like to go up, but really might want to do some under the hood mod's play a little with the v8 since I didn't at all with my ranger. What are some under the hood mod's guys do? I would love to do exhaust...
  15. T

My '03

Had to sell my old '95 Ranger I did a lot of mods on all myself, due to growing family! I miss it still haha! I then bought a 2003 Eddie Bauer Explorer for a hell of a deal. I recently did a couple small mods (bug deflector, rain gaurds, customized pillars) would love to do a lot more but...
  16. T

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Had to sell my old '95 Ranger I did a lot of mods on all myself, due to growing family! I miss it still haha! I then bought a 2003 Eddie Bauer Explorer for a hell of a deal. I recently did a couple small mods (bug deflector, rain gaurds, customized pillars) would love to do a lot more but...
  17. T

2003 EB v8 Starting Issues

I have a 03 Eddie Bauer Edition Explorer. Has roughly 115,x.. miles on here. It is recently new to me. Just lately when I go to start it say in the morning it takes a little extra time to crank over. I replaced the fuel filter today and it doesnt seem like that was the problem. What should...
  18. T

Howdy Y'All

Hey Y'All. I just bought a 03 Eddie Bauer Explorer recently. Really Love the vehicle and hopefully can start doing some things to it soon. I used to have a 95 Ranger lifted and decked out. Family grew and I getting married soon so Ranger wasn't gonna cut it haul'n 2 kids HAHA. I was on a...
Back