Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Dog Barrier for Trunk

I just put my dog on a leash that I attach to the tie-down. Now if I could do something about all of the dog hair.
  2. B

2012 xlt and snow Chains vs winter tires

I just purchased studded Hankook snow tires. That + AWD and I can go over the passes, no chains required. We get a lot of ice here, and wouldnt be without the studds.
  3. B

Extended Service Plan (ESP) prices comparison thread

But shop around carefully. I was able to find an online deal less than half of what the dealer was quoting me.
  4. B

MyFord Touch Upgrade Inbound

Are they really building 2013's in 2011?
  5. B

MyFord Touch Upgrade Inbound

Interesting. I'm on 2.11 (2012 Explorer) and I got the email. Has anybody installed this update, to verify which version it is?
  6. B

2 questions (defroster, back door locks)

1) Should you be able to open the back doors when they are locked, without having to pull up the unlock knob 1st? (child locks are disabled on the back doors) 2) Has anybody noticed that the windshield defroster is very slow to warm up enough to defrost the windshield? Thanks.
  7. B

Ford's quality ranking

Yes a new version will be out soon and will probably be an improvement. Just like the current version is better than the earlier versions. MFT works for me, but just like any software including my smartphone, its not perfect. I still dont get why this whole SUV is judged on this one feature...
  8. B

Ford's quality ranking

The majority of owners have trouble with the Ex? If you read this forum you'd probably think so. But I bet that most Ex owners either dont belong to this forum, or dont have anything negative to say. Its highly unlikely that the majority of owners are having issues. If that were true every...
  9. B

Ford Extended Service Plans (ESP)

I bought from Zeigler after some research. They emailed me a confirmation, but just to be sure I called my local Ford dealer and had them check the system to verify that I was in, and with the correct ESP years/mileage.
  10. B

3RD Key Remote Combo

My dealer tried to sell me a 3rd key (spare) for $120. Instead, I bought one on ebay for $8, had it cut at Ace for free, programmed it, and it works perfectly as a spare, all for $8!
  11. B

Ford Extended Service Plans (ESP)

So I am about to purchase a Ford ESP from Zeigler online. I have read a bunch of posts, mostly positive, however about 1/3 of the posts are not positive saying things like Zeigler would not reply to emails, and nothing was ever mailed to them confirming that the warrantee was purchased. The...
  12. B

Sync Navigation question

So how does NAV know where you are as you travel your route? It isnt using the phone GPS. Is it just using your turns and distance traveled to attempt to figure out where you are on the route? As I start my trip the system gets my destination then using the phone it downloads a route, then...
  13. B

Another New Guy

MrGolf, Just be careful about what you read on these forums, you only get the complaints. Nobody posts that they dont have a specific problem. Even if an issue affects 1% of owners it looks like a major wide spread problem on these forums. And also remember that even if you do have an issue...
  14. B

collision warning system (which package?)

ok thanks, dont think I have this feature on my XLT, I believe that this is only an option on the Limited's (correct me if I am wrong).
  15. B

collision warning system (which package?)

I am trying to figure out if my new XLT includes the collision warning system. Which package includes this feature? Thanks.
  16. B

Extended Service Plan (ESP) prices comparison thread

I looked at the prices on Zeigler for the Ford ESP Premium Care plan and it is about 1/2 of what my dealer quoted me. Says it will be accepted at any Ford dealership. I was originally a little skeptical, since the price was so much lower, but it looks like the same plan that my dealer is...
  17. B

water, condensation?

Ya, the AC light has been on, even though it isnt very warm here. The water is clear, no antifreeze, and only shows up just after driving. Ill keep an eye on it and hopefully its just some normal condensation from the AC, although my other cars never leave puddles like this. Thanks.
  18. B

water, condensation?

I noticed a small puddle of water under the Ex the last couple times I drove it. It looks like maybe AC condensation, even though I wasnt using the AC. Has anybody else noticed this?
  19. B

A simple poll...

2.11 is working great for me. I had a feeling that the complaints all over these forums were isolated and not as wide spread as it would seem. I would guess that most of the problems mentioned are related to what is plugged in thru the ports or bluetooth (ie an old phone OS, a bad file or...
  20. B

New Explorer!

I got my Ex yesterday, and so far I have no complaints. It is a very nice ride. MFT is even working for me (I must be the only only one!) I may need to trim the underneath front bumper guard about 1/2 " due do my steep driveway. Any suggestions on how this could be done, or who I should...
  21. B

MFT Subsection

Yes Please, or at least put all MFT complaints on 1 thread. This forum is a mess due to 50 different threads and topics complaining about MFT which is just 1 feature of the explorer that gets too much attention in my opinion. There are other issues to discuss, but they get no attention or...
  22. B

less then 1 day old and MFT gone crazy

It is too bad that this software is apparently buggy and unstable. I ordered an Ex knowing what people are saying here, so I wont be surprised if I have issues with it. I hope I dont regret the purchase and I dont think I will. I dont think Ill judge the whole SUV based on this one feature...
  23. B

MFT 2.11 is an improvement!

My Ex is currently being built. Which version of MFT comes installed on the 2012's?
  24. B

Auto folding side mirrors...

I couldnt find which option includes the auto folding side mirrors. Does anybody know which option includes this feature? Thanks.
  25. B

My 2012 Explorer: The First Week

Thanks for the review, mostly positive. I recv my Ex in a few weeks and am looking forward to it. The one thing that I dont understand is why MFT hasnt been fixed. Almost every complaint has to do with MFT, and it is hard for me to understand why Ford hasnt addressed this. Isnt this the same...
Back