Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Intermitant Restricted HVAC Air Flow to Cab

Hey all, I had an issue with the "T" connector that attaches to the vacuum reservoir under the glove box falling off. The mechanic repaired it, but then I had an issue where every time I pressed the accelerator, I would hear a very loud sucking sound as though the vacuum system was sucking...
  2. B

HHO: Is it alchemy? Or will it improve gas mileage on a ’99 4.0 SOHC Explorer?

Just a quick note to say this thread still has life. ;) LOL I have a '02 Eddie Bauer Explorer and after reading the ENTIRE thread, as well as almost all of the "Chapter 10" document I found through this site, I'm going to start doing my own calculations as time permits.... (Combination of three...
  3. B

How to: 2nd Gen Gauge Cluster Removal and LED Conversion V2

1. Does anyone possibly have a picture of the inside of a console at all? I'm not referring to the "back" of the console like in the earlier pages of this thread. I'm referring to the inside, after the circuit board has possibly been removed... I should be able to afford getting my LED's...
  4. B

3 watt led cargo light!!!

Hey Shortstack, After running the 3W LED's in your side mirrors or as your cargo lights, have you noticed any long term effects from the heat generated from these things at all, or is the heat from these 3W LED's still less than would be generated from a bulb? Considering doing this on mine...
  5. B

Passenger Door Not Locking Electronically

I have a very similar issue on mine... The rear passenger's door will lock fine by electronic means, but won't unlock. I opened it up already and the linkage is fine from the manual lock leaver / switch on the inside of the door itself, just above the handle. The clips supporting the rod from...
  6. B

How to: 2nd Gen Gauge Cluster Removal and LED Conversion V2

MustangP51, Because of your signature, I now have a LOT more mods to do to my '02 E Eddie Bauer... Wondering if you may have gotten the opportunity to take the pics of your V3.0. Since I'm about to undertake this dash light upgrade I wouldn't mind seeing the difference before I buy the lights... :)
  7. B

Looking for switch / relay identification

Thanks! I was hoping to install a 6" blue LED on the underside of the centre dash below the environmental controls to light up the storage bin in the centre console... I wanted to run the power from the main dash dimmer with a separate master on / off switch in that exact location and hoping...
  8. B

Courtesy lights

Man what a busy day... This thread sounded familiar and didn't realize I already replied to it... ROTFLMAO
  9. B

Courtesy lights

My Explorer is an '02. Unless it's something that they're taken away a decade later for yours Fred163, I have the dial / dimmer for the dash lights. If I dim the dash lights as low as they can go and then continue turning the little dial lower until there's a little light click, then all of the...
  10. B

Looking for switch / relay identification

I went to a wreckers to get a few parts last week. While there, I saw this switch in a dash bevel and thought it might make a great control switch for a small LED bar I want to install in my centre console so I brought the entire dash bevel home... However, I'm having difficulty identifying the...
  11. B

Is there a fuel injector replacement sticky

I know this was a few years ago, but any chance you might remember how long it too you?
Back