Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

IFS Heavy Duty Upgrades!

thanks gmanpaint , sounds as though it will work for me as we pretty much have similar coilover setups. I'm running eibach 2.5 , 12" 800 lb , the shocks came originally with 600 lb and they were a joke, then tried 750, but I needed to adjust the spanner nut often. { always had trouble getting...
  2. W

IFS Heavy Duty Upgrades!

gmanpaint, I need some info as I'm deciding on the BTF UCA's for my RCD coilover lifted '99 2dr sport. how much is your coilover setup lifted ?, and were there any problems with these BTF UCA's bolting right in ?? , any info you can offer would be great . Also, I plan on replacing my original...
  3. W

Puddle lights

got it thanks !
  4. W

Puddle lights

can you post the exact ones you ordered ! there is so many different types on that site. I'm assuming they will fit my '99 sport ? thanks
  5. W

How To: Replacing Front Hub / Bearing 1995+ Ford Explorer IFS

mine started doing this a few weeks ago, last time it happened, it got done under warranty.... {A very long time ago} I'm going to put it on a lift in the morning and have a look, what's the best place to order from ? and are there differences between the brands ? thanks,
  6. W

RCD shock and mount numbers.

I wanted to update my project {4" lift SUA rear} with the 4" superlift springs,and superlift U-Bolts {10"} and warrior U-Bolt skidplates, The box-kit with longer swaybar connects,and the needed spring bushings,as well as a new hellwig rear bar kit !! and Bilstein 5125 shocks {rear} the only...
  7. W

My rear bumper with swingout tire carrier

any chance you'd do a 2nd gen design !!!!! I would love one for my '99 sport :D
  8. W

Puddle lights

I'd like a set for my '99 sport !
  9. W

I started on the rear 1st....... Going back to SUA.........but lifted ! I have Superlift 4" springs,and 5100 series shocks on order,as well as a new Superlift U-Bolt pkg./and Warrior Products U-Bolt Skidplate for the Explorer read some posts on the size of the U-Bolts....,I wound up ordering...
  10. W

Cmax: very sorry to hear about your hip problem, I sure hope your not in any pain and that your up and around soon !! I'm leaning towards the non res 6.5's ,OR perhaps a custom 7" radflo with 850 lb springs. With the radflo,you have a choice of a 7/8" shaft, I'm just trying to find out...
  11. W

could the bumpstop be trimmed ?,I have to say I know very little about this stuff ?,not even sure how thats mounted ? I'm hoping someone with an RCD lift will chime in !! the line in the rubber stop that angles up toward the pivot point ?, thats not a trim line is it ?, that wouldn't leave...
  12. W

"bumping" this thread to the "stop" :D I've got bumpstops on my brain.
  13. W

I took a pic of the drivers side Bumpstop, it seems like theres not enough gap,but I'm not sure about it ? I've been trying to get the pic smaller to post it,but it's not working out too well. sure wish I could email it to someone to take a look at it ? thanks, I was trying photoshop,and...
  14. W

I needed some info about the bumpstops !! how much room should there be between the end of the rubber and where it would hit ? I don't have much room at all,maybe enough to stick a finger in between,but thats it ? Also going over to a buddies shop and were going to try and take out a...
  15. W

what a frustrating day this turned out to be ......... they called me and said they had a leaf off and the truck sat well in the rear,however....there was a problem with the lower control arm hitting the bumpstop when they cranked down the spanner nut on the coilovers ? so the shop manager...
  16. W

Cmax: I thought the work up front was all done ? thats why the push for the writeup ! when the fronts done with the 6.5's ,that would be the time for a writeup ! I dropped off my truck earlier,and I'm waiting to get it back,I'm trying a few simple changes 1st,I really hope this works for me...
  17. W

I'm bringing my truck to a spring shop in the morning to take out a leaf or 2 to lower the rear.{I have the 4 dr springs on my 2dr SOA} I'm looking to go down about 2 inches.,then I'll bring the front down with the spanners to level. been waiting for the writeup for some time now ?,I needed...
  18. W

how is this writeup of the front coilover mod coming along ? Writeup ...Writeup ... writeup ...writeup ... ;)
  19. W

Explorer Forum License Plate Frames !!!

Yes...they do !!!
  20. W

they been saying this for sometime now ? I've spoken to Rick at least a dozen or so times over the last couple years. I'm in the Northeast and the Brown Wire Mod {BWM} isn't a good idea for me. Torsen is in Upstate NY,and they said this unit worked great in the Winter months !!
  21. W

I'm thinking you would need the brown-wire mod ? my '99 runs in auto unless I need fulltime 4x4. the perfect unit for the front would be the prototype Torsen {if and when they get it to market ?}
  22. W

Explorer Forum License Plate Frames !!!

funds sent for 2 frames !!
  23. W

what do the reseviors do ? is this how your adding pressure ?{through the reseviors?},and without them you can't ?
  24. W

I was taliking about the 5/8" bushing accessary kit. I believe the ones that come with the shock are fine. I'm looking at the 6.5" with an 850 lb rate. Now I understand what you did with those steel bushings !
  25. W

the only problem with that is this RCD shock dosen't have much travel I believe it's around 5" or so ? I'm just about ready to order,I've spoken to Sonny and he was very concerened about the shaft diameter on these shocks ? I'll let him set up the shock and spring combo. looking at 850 lb if...
Back