Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Solved A/C compressor bypass

Did you ever do this? I’m curious how it works.
  2. S

battery tray removal?

Hi can your explain to me how you take off the battery tray? I have the same exact vehicle you have and I’m trying to take mine off too.
  3. S

Transfer case VSS gear question

I’ve replaced everything and my speedometer needle isn’t moving still on my Ford Explorer 91. I’ve replaced the vss, the sensor on the rear differential, I’ve changed the dash cluster twice, I changed the cable cord, I changed the gear at the end of the vss sensor and still not moving the only...
  4. S

Transfer case VSS gear question

How did you replace it without removing the transfer case?
  5. S

94 vaccum modulator repalced now not shifting

Can you post a picture of this! I have been trying to find this part and can’t.
  6. S

A4LD Input shaft

What was your problem?
  7. S

'91 Ford Explorer won't go into reverse

Okay, so if I remove the transmission.... do the transfer case still hold its fluid?
  8. S

Okay, and the transfer case when I remove that do I need to add fluid back in?
  9. S

When I take out my transmission and remove the transfer case do I need to add transmission fluid to it too or will the transmission itself fill up the transfer case?
  10. S

Hi Toby! What was your problem? I’m having the same issue with this 91 Ford Explorer
  11. S

91 A4LD Transmission Problems

My vehicle is doing the same. It work fine going in driver and reverse and the other day it won’t go in drive or reverse now. I was in a drive tru and now it won’t go anywhere.
  12. S

Transmission dipstick & manifold bolt size are needed.

I’m looking for the bolt size too for the transmission oil dipstick. Is this the correct size above? Also, do you know where it’s mounted at so my oil dipstick don’t be shaking around?
  13. S

Transmission dipstick & manifold bolt size are needed.

Hi do you know where the transmission bolt is located on the Ford Explorer 91? Like did you find the bolt size and can you take a picture where it is mounted too. I’ve been looking to and I can’t find it.
  14. S

Front Differential cover gasket leak

Hi where does that vent tube lead to? Mine broke off on my Ford Explorer 91 and I can’t find where it connects to. Can you show me please.
  15. S

overheating problem

Did you find out your problem was. I’m having the same issue with mine. Same year and model
  16. S

Just put in 180* thermostat

I wonder why it does that? Stress on engine? Regardless it shouldn’t do that when you have coolant in the engine. And a thermostat.
  17. S

Radiator Cap Pressure 13# or 16# or...

Hi I have a 180 degree thermostat... do I need a 13psi or 16psi radiator cap? Vehicle is a Ford Explorer 91
  18. S

Just put in 180* thermostat

My thermostat I believe is making my ride overheat. I put in boil water it never open. I think the 180 Thermostat is better. I’m getting one today and putting it in. So wish me luck!
  19. S

4.0 blown head gasket.

Thank you a lot for your help! I always appreciate people of helping me.
  20. S

1993 4.0 overheating

I’m having your same exact problem with my Ford Explorer 91. Did you ever figure out the problem?
Back