Transmission dipstick & manifold bolt size are needed. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Transmission dipstick & manifold bolt size are needed.

hudson52

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Explorer
This past weekend I had the "pleasure" of replacing the coil pack in my 1994 4.0 Aerostar. The only way I could find to remove the old pack out through the tunnel cover opening was to remove the bolt holding the transmission dipstick tube and vacuum line to the manifold so they could be moved over to make room.

Since the location of the bolt is so difficult to reach it slipped from my grasp when trying to bolt the tubes back to the manifold, falling to God-knows-where never to be seen again.

Does anyone know what size this bolt is so I may locate a replacement? I've done quite a bit of searching but to no avail. Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think its 6 x 1.25 mm, not sure though.

That sounds reasonable based on what it looked like, so at least I have a starting point. Thanks!

This past weekend I had the "pleasure" of replacing the coil pack in my 1994 4.0 Aerostar. The only way I could find to remove the old pack out through the tunnel cover opening was to remove the bolt holding the transmission dipstick tube and vacuum line to the manifold so they could be moved over to make room.

Since the location of the bolt is so difficult to reach it slipped from my grasp when trying to bolt the tubes back to the manifold, falling to God-knows-where never to be seen again.

Does anyone know what size this bolt is so I may locate a replacement? I've done quite a bit of searching but to no avail. Thanks.
Hi do you know where the transmission bolt is located on the Ford Explorer 91? Like did you find the bolt size and can you take a picture where it is mounted too. I’ve been looking to and I can’t find it.

I think its 6 x 1.25 mm, not sure though.
I’m looking for the bolt size too for the transmission oil dipstick. Is this the correct size above? Also, do you know where it’s mounted at so my oil dipstick don’t be shaking around?

Back