Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

IFS Heavy Duty Upgrades!

i would say im and inch to 1.5 lower then i was before i changed my front end parts out. and i put my bars back in the same way i took them out . so i order some 1.5 lift keys to see if i can get my height back . if this doesnt work then im ordering new bars.
  2. R

IFS Heavy Duty Upgrades!

mine look the same as yours actually , so maybe the control arms arnt the problem?
  3. R

IFS Heavy Duty Upgrades!

I wanted to go with a complete control arm because my bushings were shot and i didn't want to fight with them . So i cant find the complete Motocraft control arms was gonna go with MOOG, but has anyone used the moog complete arms?? or where can i get the motocraft ones , i really don't want to...
  4. R

IFS Heavy Duty Upgrades!

i happen to miss the post about the LCAs problems and purchased a set and now im going through the same mess. 0.:thumbdwn: What would be the best replacement complete LCAs , im looking for something beefy since im running bigger tires and suspension lift. was thinking Moog. how have the...
  5. R

Big problem , need some help

yep that's whats i bought and that is the problem i have. sooooooo what should i get to replace them. its been too long since i bought them to try and return them. which should i get in there place ? moog ? or try ford ?
  6. R

no i re installed them properly. i did one side of the truck at a time . i re installed it the same way it came out but i feel like my ride height has went down . my tires rub really bad on the bumper and rear fender. but my now my alignment is way off , could this be the reason for the rubing ?
  7. R

did alittle reading , i think i indexed the torsion bars wrong. any ideas on what the proper way to fix this is?
  8. R

So i redid my entire front end this past weekend, upper and lower control arms , shocks , wheel baring , pads and rotors, tie rods , and sway bar links. The problem comes from the torsion bars , i when i re installed them and maxed out my bolts my ride height went down to where now my wheels rub...
  9. R

Stock Subwoofer Replacment choices

from what i can tell thats not a shallow mount sub and wont work.
  10. R

Stock Subwoofer Replacment choices

So i was just wondering is anyone has used these and what there opinions were on them . This is just for a stock replacement in a 2000 EB , i don't want to go any bigger. 1- Rockford fosgate shallow mount 8 inch...
  11. R

Who's Here From Florida?

ya i can defiantly rip around in 2wd , i plan on doin the SOA in the rear or getting 4inch super lift leafs. plus i need new shocks , just cant seem to find the right ones.
  12. R

Who's Here From Florida?

(latest mod) never knew the stock speakers could sound that good. Its nothing crazy cause its only 2wd
  13. R

Who's Here From Florida?

ive been to RiverRanch alot , definitely a good place to do some wheelin/meetup but from what i remember your only allowed a few people in , unless you have friends that have property and will let you use their passes .
  14. R

Best kit to install a double din headset??

What kit is the best fitment wise for a double din headset , i have a pioneer 2400bt. links would help alot and for the adapter for the factory sub , i cant seem to find the harness for the sub.
  15. R

Who's Here From Florida?

I'm in Fla , but i'm stuck in Southfla . From what i see around i'm the only one with a modded ex around here.
  16. R

Photos Lets see those 2nd Gen EX/Mounty

In this picture, there is only the 2 inch shackles and TT . They are 33 x 12.50. 15 and they rub way to much to drive , but since then i have done the 3 inch lift spindles and lowered my TT , trimmed the front bumper a bit and now tries clear fine.
  17. R

What Shocks should i get ???????

ok so i did a 3 in spindle and 1.5 TT in the front , but in the rear i only have shackles for now . im planning on getting the Superlift 4in rear leafs and im curious on what shocks i should get . i cant seem to find a forum on shocks.
  18. R

Superlift 4in leafs

What shocks do you recommend . This is primarily a daily driver . Very little offload use
  19. R

Superlift 4in leafs

So i'm planning on getting these cause doing a SOA would bring my expo to high in the back . i have 3 inch lift spindles in the front with an 1 to 1.5 TT . So i know i need to buy the rear box kit that has all the bushings and other parts. just wondering if there is anything else i need or...
  20. R

3 inch Spindle lift questions...

lift spindle help Did the spindle lift today and ran into a few problems. 1. ABS sensor stuck out to far and the screw didnt fit in the hole 2. there is a wobble when i turn sometimes , any thought on what that is ? 3. break lines are to short . Do i need longer ones or can i make a new...
  21. R

3 inch Spindle lift questions...

So i saw on a thread that after the lift is done that your break caliper will hit your lower control arm when you turn to lock , and you will lose break pressure. anyone have this problem ? any ways to fix it? or was this is just a single case and isnt certain for all.
  22. R

Photos Lets see those 2nd Gen EX/Mounty

By rich91 at 2012-08-14
  23. R

2000 Eddie bauer project (Lift, 33 Etc.)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us well got the shackles done and the tires mounted so i threw them on to see what they looked like , they rub alot in the front , so waiting for the spindles to come in.
  24. R

2000 Eddie bauer project (Lift, 33 Etc.)

Doetsh 3" lift spindles , still havent ordered them . Waiting for the funds :thumbdwn:. but once its all here and i have a few days off it will get started .
Back