Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Throttle body cleaning messed up Expo

I sprayed it into the throttle body itself. I wouldnt think it would mess up the MAF if it is more downstream closer to the airbox itself. I will take it to get the codes run over the weekend and post back here Monday to see if I get anything. I have kept track of the miles and was getting...
  2. D

Throttle body cleaning messed up Expo

2004 Ford Explorer V6 4.0. So, I was cleaning the throttle body with the car running using carb/choke cleaner. Had someone inside the car giving it gas and letting off while I was spraying the inside of the butterfly valve. It was working fine and then it started to stall. It was able to restart...
  3. D

Baffled at the power steering

Ok Im a little baffled at the power steering issue I have going on. I own a 04 Explorer EB 4.0 V6. About 2 weeks ago I noticed its feels like the power steering is starting to go out. If I turn the wheel slightly to the left or right it almost feels like its starting to whine/squeal but it still...
  4. D

Thermostat or not????

Well I have the 04 Explorer 4.0 V6 EB edition. I am baffled by a potential thermostat issue? I drive the explorer some days to work in the morning around 530 AM. Its nice and cool outside. After about 10-15 minutes of driving it on the highway the temp gauge inside starts to rise. I can usually...
  5. D

Baffled by Temp sensor

Is there anyway to find out if it is the thermostat sticking? There wasnt any steam or leaks. I checked my fluids and they all seem to be ok. It hasnt done it but that one time. My guess is maybe it is the thermostat sticking. Anyone have a diagram of where I find it at on my Explorer? Im new...
  6. D

Baffled by Temp sensor

Well, I was driving in on the way to work this morning and got the explorer up to around 80 to pass someone. When I did that the temp sensor chimed and the light came on in the dash to let me know the engine temp was hot. Looked at the guage and it was almost spiked out. I immediately let off...
Back