Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Interior Door panel issue / separation

I haven't received any letters for this or the CO issue, but I've moved since I bought My explorer. I wonder if my letters are getting bounced back.
  2. M

Interior Door panel issue / separation

I've noticed in the last couple months that my arm rests are splitting at the fake seam, too. 5 yrs, 70k miles.
  3. M

What do you tow with your 5th gen. Explorer?

This is great to hear. We've been considering buying something like you describe, but I have next to 0 towing experience. I have a2013 xlt with towing package. Which camper do you have?
  4. M

Question regarding Towing

This is the one I found locally, only it's a 2007. http://www.rvtrader.com/dealers/Mid-State-RV-Center-730766/listing/2005-Forest-River-Rockwood-Roo-19-117826280
  5. M

I happened across a camper a few blocks from me this morning, but I think it's going to be too heavy. It's a 2007 19' Rockwood Roo from Forest River. It's GVWR is 4590 lb. If I understand the math, that doesn't leave much margin, if any, when you add the weight of passengers & cargo in the...
  6. M

http://www.starcraftrv.com/travel-trailers/ar-one-maxx/floorplans/19bh-le/#floorplan-main
  7. M

4440 gvwr 3265 dry http://www.usadventurerv.com/product/new-2016-starcraft-ar-one-maxx-19bh-le-459371-29
  8. M

I think in this case he was erring on the side of caution because he doesn't want to be in a situation where he's accused of selling too much trailer. And if he was really just in it for the money he would have tried to sale me a larger, more expensive one. I found a trailer last night with...
  9. M

What do you tow with your 5th gen. Explorer?

Bumping this thread as I'm curious of any new stuff people have to share. I'm looking to get a travel trailer. I have the tow package on my 2013 XLT, so I'm good up to 5000lbs. Almost completely new to towing, so looking through all of this stuff closely. Thanks
  10. M

I'm a complete rookie at towing, but the wife & I are considering a travel trailer. We went to an RV show, talked a guy from an RV place that I'm pretty sure told me to have about 1000 lbs of headroom between my gross trailer weight & Explorer rated towing limit. So, I've been looking at...
  11. M

Explorer Towing Capacity

Do you have a link to find these guides? Thanks! Edit: Never mind.. i found it. http://www.fleet.ford.com/towing-guides/
  12. M

Bad or Burnt Exhaust smell in cabin during hard acceleration.

I used to get this smell regularly in my 2013, but I haven't had in a couple of months. Maybe it has something to do with the much colder winter we've had. We'll see what happens when the weather warms up.
  13. M

More odd MFT behavior - temp & time frozen

I've considered leaving this USB drive in my Ex at all times from now on.
  14. M

The first USB stick wasn't recognized at all. I tried a new USB stick this morning and it worked. After installing the reboot file, the system rebooted. I restarted my Ex, let it run for a couple of minutes, and confirmed that the clock on MFT updated as the clock on the right hand display in...
  15. M

I tried, but it didn't recognize my drive or something because it didn't do anything. I'll try a different drive.
  16. M

I've got a USB stick ready to go for my drive home.
  17. M

Have not. Was considering the reboot file on the USB stick.
  18. M

So I noticed yesterday on my drive to work that the temperature shown in the center console display didn't drop. On the way home yesterday I also noticed that the time didn't update from when I turned the car on. This morning I recorded the whole sequence. WTF is going on? I did have a...
  19. M

I seem to be noticing the smell less lately, and I accelerate aggressively on a regular basis. My explorer is nearly a year old with well over 15k miles.
  20. M

New problem - No reaction to unlock button on key

In both cases I was standing right next to it. In the first case it happened at the football field parking lot, which I've been to tons of times without issues.
  21. M

I haven't changed the lock/unlock settings.
  22. M

So I've had an issue twice now with my key where the vehicle wouldn't respond to the unlock button on my key. The first time this happened I needed to open the lift gate. Pressed the button and heard the driver door unlock, but never heard any others unlock. I tried again and nothing...
  23. M

Don't hold your breath..... Unless you actually own and drive an explorer, then you may want to....
Back