Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

Leaking head gasket?

Well i checked my oil.and it does look a little watery and i dont drive the truck everyday and have not seen any water on.the driveway and there is water coming from my exhaust when i start and run it. So maybe it is a head gasket. Im adding about a half gallon or so everytime i take it out. Thx...
  2. E

B.C. Exploders?

Port coquitlam checking in too!
  3. E

B.C. Exploders?

Port coquitlam checking in!
  4. E

October 2012 TOTM - On The Trail

Hello I hope this attacemt worked. Stave lake, Mission British Colbia Canada. Didnt look.that deep and the truck never stalled. Had :exp:a lot of fun in this hole.
  5. E

Leaking head gasket?

Hello to everyone again. Well its time to fix another problem again lol. Maybe some input will help me diagnose since the search option isnt working for me right now. I have been filling my rad with water everytime i run my truck but there is no leak of water and the truck is starting to run a...
  6. E

truck wont go out of 4x4

Hello to everyone. To everyone who posted in the topic thank you. As of today i rebuilt the shift motor and everything is working as it should. Thx again.
  7. E

truck wont go out of 4x4

Ok i think i ran into another problem. I had my front pass side tire off cleaning up around everything and i put the tire back on and tried to tighten up lug nuts while it was still in the air and the wheel spins freely even though the tc is in 4L and i locked the hub and still the wheel spins...
  8. E

truck wont go out of 4x4

Ok perfect thx! Also i have found a 1991 X for super cheap, are the parts interchangable with my 94?
  9. E

truck wont go out of 4x4

~~ UPDATE ~~ i removed the 4x4 motor and i started to turn the shaft to 2wd but it would only go paryial way and wouldnt "clunk" into 2wd and the vise grips i was using started to strip the triangular shaft so i stopped. Is there any other way to do this more better than pliers? Also i got out...
  10. E

truck wont go out of 4x4

Ok thx. How will i know if its the 4x4 computer? I think i will start with the motor first since i tried it today and the motor didnt work. But then i guess the computer is next. Thx for the tip. Any info i can get is greatly appreciated.
  11. E

truck wont go out of 4x4

Ok so the motor is on the transfer case? Also is there a sensor that tells the light to turn on the dash. So if i turn the shaft to 2wd will the lights on my dash turn off too? How easy is it to rebuild? Sorry for all the questions but would like to get it back on the road asap. Thank you
  12. E

truck wont go out of 4x4

Hello to everyone! Well i had the X out yesterday exploring some glorious mud holes when i happened to come upon one swallowed up my X. I wish i could post a pic! Anyways the truck was submerged in water to the point where the drivers seat was submerged. Well my truck has the electronic 4x4 push...
  13. E

Wiring in a trailer plug...help?

Okay its all done. Went to my autoparts store and they had one for a first gen X. It was a t plug i used and i hooked up my trailer and all the lights work as they should!! Finally, take the advice and time to get the proper plugs. It saved a lot of time and hassle oh and cursing too as i had...
  14. E

So today i found a plug all by its self behind the bumper on kinda the middle of the bumper. It has 8 wires in theback of it. Is this the plug that my trailer harness lights will plug into? Thx for any more info
  15. E

Wow am i ever glad i found this forum since i did the same thing. I tried to hard wire it too and my boat trailer lights kinda work but the signals flash so fast you cant tell i am turning. So tomorrow i am going to an auto parts store to get the proper one. Thank you
  16. E

Trying for more lift. Suggestions?

Hello to everyone! Awesome site! Anyways i have a 4" pro comp suspension lift and a 3" body lift and 33's. My question is there any way of getting more luft as i would like to run bigger tires. I could put 35's on it right now since i have clearance and cut fenders. Any suggedtions would be...
  17. E

front clip swap out?? will it work

Ok thanks. Is there any easy upgrades that are more of a direct bolt on in regards to updating the front end. Its hard to find lots of time between.family and work. Thank youfor the info
  18. E

front clip swap out?? will it work

Hello to everyone! I have a 1994 explorer xlt lifted and i just found a complete front clip from what the ad says fits 93-97 rangers. I like these style headlights and i am wonderings if anyone has done a swap like this and if so, is it a direct bolt on swap. Just think it would look neat with...
  19. E

newbie here from vancouver BC Canada

Hello to everyone. Just bought the truck recently and i am looking forward to learning tips and trick to make my explorer one badass trail rig. A little about my truck. Its a 1994 explorer xlt with a 4" suspension lift and 3" body lift. 32" bfg MT. Currently grern but soon to be flat olive green...
Back