• Register Today It's free!

Leaking head gasket?

exploder81

Reaction score
City, State
vancouver british columbia
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 ford explorer xlt
Hello to everyone again. Well its time to fix another problem again lol. Maybe some input will help me diagnose since the search option isnt working for me right now. I have been filling my rad with water everytime i run my truck but there is no leak of water and the truck is starting to run a little hotter and the fan is coming on more often. Could this be an early sign.of a head gasket problem? If so is it fairly easy to replace them and maybe what kind of obsticles might i run into? Thanks in advance. :exp:

i dont know how much fluid your putting in your rad. but if it is too much you should be blowing white smoke or have water in your oil if its a head gasket. you might want to check the water pump they have a "freeze plug" in the bottom of the cast where the shaft would run through ive had that go bad and it leaked real slow for a while and then all of a sudden i was putting a gallon of fluid in it everyday.

Well i checked my oil.and it does look a little watery and i dont drive the truck everyday and have not seen any water on.the driveway and there is water coming from my exhaust when i start and run it. So maybe it is a head gasket. Im adding about a half gallon or so everytime i take it out. Thx for reply

Well i checked my oil.and it does look a little watery and i dont drive the truck everyday and have not seen any water on.the driveway and there is water coming from my exhaust when i start and run it. So maybe it is a head gasket. Im adding about a half gallon or so everytime i take it out. Thx for reply

Sounds like head gasket failure.

Back