Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Noslo351

2002 4.6L racing Idle, no upshifting.

Yes the IAC is original. The engine did stall when I pulled it the first time. I momentarly disconnected it a few times after that but pushed it in back just before stalling.
  2. Noslo351

It's got an Optima that's about 5 months old and the terminals are clean. Yes, the controls righted themselves after pulling the battery, shifting and all. I'm going to clean the MAF before I start throwing parts at it. Between the IAC and TPS that's $120, I don't want to throw away that money...
  3. Noslo351

The computer was upgraded to the latest calibration code per TSB 03-14-7 this past spring. The IAC valve may be going but that does not explain the weird no upshift problem when this glitch happens. Its almost like the ECU thinks its full throttle and holds out on shifting. Maybe its a TPS...
  4. Noslo351

My wife's X decided to act up today. On the highway it seemed like it wouldn't shift out of 3rd. We got off the Highway and noticed the idle was racing. When she stopped and put it in park it was idling around 2k. I disconnected the IAC valve and it just about stalled, Reconnected and the idle...
  5. Noslo351

Tsb* shudder in 2nd and 3rd gear

Yes, the Tsb isn't engine specific. Also, I was able to find the motorctaft replacement at Rockauto.com. Just do a part number search.
  6. Noslo351

Tsb* shudder during 5-4 and 4-5 shift

My 2002 Explorer V8 has this issue. I thought it was the trans going south. Thought I would share, I did not find this anywhere on the forum. TSB 03-14-7 TRANSMISSION - 5R55W - SHUDDER DURING 5-4 AND 4-5 SHIFT - VEHICLES BUILT 11/13/00 THROUGH 2/14/02 EQUIPPED WITH 4.6L ENGINE...
  7. Noslo351

Tsb* shudder in 2nd and 3rd gear

My 2002 Explorer V8 has this issue. I thought it was the trans going south. Thought I would share, I did not find this anywhere on the forum. TSB 05-21-4 SHUDDER IN 2ND AND 3RD GEAR ON ACCELERATION - 4X4 VEHICLES WITHOUT ADVANCETRAC Publication Date: October 5, 2005 FORD...
  8. Noslo351

Ford Reman 5R55W ?'s

Does anyone know if the Ford reman 5R55W's have the servo bore sleeves by default or do they only sleeve them if out of spec? My 02 Explorer V8 has a Ford reman that shifts a bit funky sometimes but no codes. Before spending money on other fixes just wondering if I need the servo bore fix. I...
  9. Noslo351

For Sale 4.0L Primary Timing chain update kit

Sale pending payment....
  10. Noslo351

I tried to delete the other one but couln't see how to do it. I just wanted to change the Ad a bit to make it more clear. Sorry.
  11. Noslo351

These sell for around $180 from your local Ford dealer. Will sell for $85 shipped. See pics below, box just opened to take pictures and make sure Ford packed all the parts. Here is a copy of the TSB. This is for balance shaft engines only. The applications are listed below in RED... TSB...
  12. Noslo351

What trans do I have?

The trans is code R. That means its a 5R55W. Is there a laundry list of upgrades I can do to this thing (shift kit, Ford TSBs etc..)? There are so many threads on here about these transmissions it will take me days to actually condense what pertains to this partucular one.
  13. Noslo351

2001 Explorer Sport 4.0L SOHC. Knocking sound.

If it sounds like spark knock (pinging) it could be the dreaded primary timing chain rattle. My 01 Sport did the same thing. I bought the Ford TSB kit to fix it but decided to trade it in for a 4 door Explorer when we had our first kid. I still have the kit laying around if you need it.
  14. Noslo351

What trans do I have?

Thanks I'll take a look at the door tag. Are the parts you have new? Pm me with details please.
  15. Noslo351

What trans do I have?

I have a 2002 V8 Explorer Limited AWD. What tranny do I have, a 5R55W OR 5R55S? It's starting to downshift hard and or clunky and want to do some research before it fails. I'm thinking about replacing the valve body and solenoid pack to try and save this thing before it costs me 3k.
  16. Noslo351

03 V8 Stuck In Park

That happened to my wifes 2002. The plastic retainer that holds the cable in it's bracket popped out. Look under the drivers side and check if the cable is in the bracket. I popped it back in then saftey wired it with some stainless wire to make sure it stays put.
  17. Noslo351

4.0 SOHC primary kit instruction download.

One of the members here asked me if I could scan the instructions that come with the 2U3X6D256CA primary timing chain TSB kit. Ask and you shall receive. I scanned it in as a PDF so you can download the entire 38 page manual that comes with the kit. At least you can see what you are getting...
  18. Noslo351

4.0 SOHC primary kit instruction download.

One of the members here asked me if I could scan the instructions that come with the 2U3X6D256CA primary timing chain TSB kit. Ask and you shall receive. I scanned it in as a PDF so you can download the entire 38 page manual that comes with the kit. At least you can see what you are getting...
  19. Noslo351

2002 Limited wont start.

The motor cranks just fine, it just won't start. I got the call from my wife this morning while at work so I have not checked it out yet. I guess what I am asking is if there are any common parts that fail that cause a no start condition with the 4.6L motors besides a fuel pump? And thanks...
  20. Noslo351

2002 Limited wont start.

The Explorer is a 2002 Limited V8 with 92k. This morning she would not start. Over the last two weeks it has been starting hard and I have been searching for an answer and finally whatever was going bad went bad. Below are a few things I have checked over the last couple of weeks. The...
  21. Noslo351

2002 V8 Starting Hard.

Geez, thanks for all of the replies! Anyways, I have isolated the issue to the regulator in the gas tank that is part of the fuel pump assembly. The returnles fuel system in the 2002 has a regulator in the gas tank. There is a leaking hose or a bad regulator causing the blead down of fuel...
  22. Noslo351

'99 Exp. 4.0 SOHC 4X4 4 Dr

Did you figure out the problem with your fuel pressure issue? I'm having the same problem. I read a that there could be a leak on the connector hose in the gas tank. The hose connects the fuel pump to the regulator that is mounted to the pump/sending unit assy inside the gas tank.
  23. Noslo351

2002 V8 Starting Hard.

Update. Tonight i cleaned and checked the IAC. The pluger moves freely. I hooked up a fuel pressure gauge to check the fuel pressure. When the key is turned on it goes to 10-15 pounds and thats it. It doesn't hold very long either. With the motor running the pressure is at 65psi. When I...
  24. Noslo351

2002 V8 Starting Hard.

My wifes 2002 4.6l Explorer with 91,000 miles just began starting hard. It takes more than twice the cranking time to start then normal. The first place I checked was spark plugs. The first one I removed was worn to .070". I replaced all the plugs yesterday and it seemed fine. The wife called me...
Back