Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. toddious

Rear hatch glass hinges

I realize this is an old thread, but I had this issue happen to me on my 2004 Explorer a few days ago. I popped the rear glass (as I do frequently) and one of the bolts going through the glass popped off and released the glass, causing it to nearly fall off. It was hanging from only the right...
  2. toddious

Strange slipping/grinding, goes away on restart

OK, so I definitely wanted to give an update on this in the hopes that it may help someone else in the future: So the issue ended up being the tires on my truck. When I purchase the vehicle the front tires had some uneven wear, so I had an alignment done and I purchased 2 used tires with the...
  3. toddious

Thanks for the reply, and that might not be a bad idea to consider anyway since this is a used car I just recently purchase. Would probably rather "start from scratch" and have it learn my driving anyway. I have also read about different tire tread potentially causing an issue with the 4wd...
  4. toddious

I'm wondering if anyone else can chime in. The vehicle is currently at a transmission shop but they couldn't seem to find a transmission problem with any of their tests. They are thinking it could be the transfer case. The issue seems to pop up when you try to accelerate and the transmission...
  5. toddious

Which subwoofer for use with factory amp?

I still haven't done anything. I'm planning to just buy an upgraded sub with low power requirements (50-200w) and try it first with the factory amp to see how it sounds. Worst case I will buy a low power amp (maybe 150w) and use it on the same sub with the factory wiring. The first JL 8w0 I...
  6. toddious

need help identifying wires for 2004 factory 8" sub amp

I had heard that the amp needs to have a bridge switch to truly be bridge-able? I'm planning to buy a dvc 8" and try it with the factory amp first. Worst case I'll upgrade to a small 100-200w amp in factory location. Thanks for the offer though. Unfortunately (or actually, fortunately) the...
  7. toddious

That's awesome. I'm trying to do the same for my 2004 explorer, although sticking with an upgraded 8" subwoofer. Are you going to put the new amp in the same location as the old? Have you tested this yet? Someone on another thread mentioned that the subwoofer audio outputs don't work if the...
  8. toddious

That's awesome. I'm trying to do the same for my 2004 explorer, although sticking with an 8" subwoofer. Are you going to put the new amp in the same location as the old? Have you tested this yet? Someone on another thread mentioned that the subwoofer audio outputs don't work if the factory...
  9. toddious

Were you able to use the existing power/ground to run an aftermarket amp? I just want a small amp (100w x 1) but didn't want the hassle of running all new cables.
  10. toddious

2006 Explorer - My stock sub Replacement with Rockford 8"

It is more of a tedious process than I expected. To get to subwoofer: 1. Remove A and C pillar panels using butter knife, etc. 2. Remove T50 star bit holding passenger rear seat belt (I needed 3' breaker bar and PB Blaster for this) 3. Remove entire panel that covers subwoofer area...
  11. toddious

2006 Explorer - My stock sub Replacement with Rockford 8"

The factory subwoofer has dual inputs, meaning it's dual voice coil. On the back of the sub it says (60w + 60w, 1.2ohm +1.2ohm). Having a hard time finding a decent replacement that is DVC for such little power. This is the best I've found...
  12. toddious

I'm in the middle of a similar project it seems and currently have me entire sub/amp open as well. Are you trying to replace the factory amp? I'm curious if it's possible to splice into the existing wires somehow for a small upgraded amp (100w or so) to power an upgraded 8" sub. Don't really...
  13. toddious

Which subwoofer for use with factory amp?

I am trying to replace the factory subwoofer while continuing to use the factory amp in my 2004 explorer. The factory subwoofer is a Dual Voice Coil 60w + 60w (1.2 ohm + 1.2ohm). There are 2 outputs coming from the amp into the subwoofer. Would I be better to use: 1. 4ohm SIngle Voice...
  14. toddious

Hey! I saw an old post of yours about upgrading your stock subwoofer in your Explorer...

Hey! I saw an old post of yours about upgrading your stock subwoofer in your Explorer (http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=368436&highlight=upgrade+subwoofer ). I"m trying to do the same, and have the old subwoofer out already. HOwever, the factory amplifier has a stereo output...
  15. toddious

Any way to improve the subwoofer on Audiophile?

HELP! I pulled out the factory 8" subwoofer and purchase a JL 8w0 as a replacement based on suggestion on this thread. However - the amplifier has 2 (stereo) outputs to the factor sub which is labeled as 60w + 60w. THe JL subwoofer only has a single mono connection. What now? I really...
  16. toddious

Need Help - Replacing factory SUbwoofer

So after some reading on here I decided to upgrade the stock 8" subwoofer in my 2004 Explorer to a JL 8w0 as recommended by some others. I am planning to use the factory amplifier for now. The removal process was a little more tedious than expected (seat belt bolt was a biotch), but I finally...
  17. toddious

I had the truck at a shop over the weekend and they checked all fluids. The issue didn't pop up on their test drive so they couldn't troubleshoot. I'm wondering if it is throttle or maybe a timing issue? The weird thing is that it goes away when you shut off the vehicle. Could it be an issue...
  18. toddious

I have been having an intermittent issue arise while driving my 2004 v8 Explorer recently. The issue seems to arise when I'm driving in traffic and in around 2nd-3rd gear. A grinding/vibration will show up out of nowhere and it will feel like the transmission or clutch is slipping. At first...
  19. toddious

I want to add bluetooth to 3rd gen changer

From the video it looks like this uses a FM radio station. Is it modulating it? Or is it input directly through the antenna feed? I've had terrible success with FM Modulators is why I ask...
  20. toddious

4X4 Not Working

On my 02 it was a control module behind the glovebox that needed replaced when my 4wd stopped engaging.
  21. toddious

I want to add bluetooth to 3rd gen changer

I'm eager to see if this works. I just purchased an 04 and was trying to figure out how to add an aux input - but Bluetooth would be much better. Have you ordered it? The price seems pretty fair.
  22. toddious

aux input on 6cd changer?

Anyone tried adding aux to a 3rd gen recently? I can't seem to find the PIE adapter in stock anywhere, and I"m hoping to add a 1/8" connector to my HU. I have an '04 with the CD/AUX button on the top left. Any help is appreciated. Thanks,
  23. toddious

Here we go again: '03 Explorer DTC's P0733/P0745

Mike-In-Maine , so did you ever solve this issue? Was it the intermediate band or the solenoids? I'm having the exact same issue, with the same codes showing up (0733 and 0745). I'm wondering if there's still a chance it's a servo or solenoid, or if it's the Intermediate band and I'll need to...
  24. toddious

What transmissions will work in my '02 explorer?

Duranged - thanks for the response. Are the servos the same thing or different than the Solenoids? I had been considering trying to replace the solenoid pack first to see if that solves my issues - before dropping the whole transmission. The codes I'm getting are 0733 and 0745 which have to...
  25. toddious

What transmissions will work in my '02 explorer?

I'm having issues with my transmission which I believe is a broken Intermediate Band (not shifting from 2nd-3rd without letting off gas). The transmission has about 180k miles on it, so rather than fix it I'm considering replacing with another used or re manufactured tranny. I know there were...
Back