Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

2004 Ford Explorer Paint Code for Two Tone??

I got the Oxford White 2004 Explorer XLT with the Dark Metalic Grey two tone. However I can not seem to find the paint code for the two tone part as I need to cover up a scratch I got on the rear bumper in Ghost Towning out in NV a few weeks back before I turn my lease in, in Dec. On the...
  2. M

2006-2007 Explorer Sport Trac 4x4

When I get back from Ghost Towning (I leave Wednesday :), I plan to look at a new vehicle as my Explorer lease will be up in Dec. Please note that I get the A-Plan price, plus I can also get the GM Employee price, and Is ee Dodge has employee pricing on their vehicles again too. Because of...
  3. M

Can the V6 Explorer run on E85?

The problem is not many places have it. And as people posted here it ranges in price greatly. For $1.50 I would USE it considering gas here in Michigan is around $3.00 a gallon (down now to $2.719)....problem is the places that do offer are not near me and the one sI checked with charge $3.999 a...
  4. M

Who is interested in getting a metal skid plate?

The thought of crawling back under the car again...LOL :confused: Yes I would obviously fix that type of stuff, not hard to make it about a foot longer. I will see about taking those pictures and getting them up...I'll try and do that ASAP...so you can see how the Plastic one fits and...
  5. M

Tune Up???

Maybe it is just me but why replace the wires? I got a 1988 Grand Marquis in the driveway and it has the OEM wires...lol I put Bosch Platinum 4's in it about 50K miles ago...lol (car has 150K miles). Seems like its one of those things that you do not replace unless you really need too.
  6. M

Towing Capacity

yeah, but he said he has a Class 2 hitch...probably not a good idea to tow a boat 1200 miles with the class 2 hitch...change it out to a class 3 and you be fine.
  7. M

Who is interested in getting a metal skid plate?

Please post if you are interested in getting a metal skid plate made for your 2002-2005 (possible fit 2006) Ford Explorers???? I decided to take the matters into my own hands and get a good quality Gas Tank Skid Plate made. If this works out I might get other protection areas made for this...
  8. M

another Uhaul question

I ment to lie to them, they don't care...I should know I ran a small Business. Show me the money is all I care about...lol
  9. M

Anti Lock Kicking in when not needed making the truck jolt.

Yeah, the dirt build up might be doing it. My wifes 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP was doing that and I took off the driver side front wheel too check the brake pads and they looked good so I put everything back together and that fixed the problem...although I swear it still does it lightly (I do...
  10. M

Photos of Splash Guards Needed...

If you mean by "contoured", Plastic...then there is a reason why you would want Flat ones. The rubber flat ones will obviously flex and not get hung up in rocks and mud. If all of your driving is on the road then the harder plastic "contoured" ones are nicer but can be a pain off-road.
  11. M

Can I put a 3rd Row Seat in my 03 XLS?

My uncle bought an after market one for his 2003 Eddie Bauer Explorer for when they go to FL and take their Grand kids with them. I think they spent like $200...it might of been more and it was like 3 years ago now...lol He had bought his Explorer off the B-Lot that was his bosses and it had...
  12. M

04 Explorer Gas Tank Skid Plate ???

Yes, I got 4-doors...
  13. M

Yes it is very expensive considering it is plastic. I think the MSRP is $255, the place I got it from it was like $140.66 plus $26.91 shipping. I have worked in a few plastic manufacturing places in my time and the cost to make such a part is like $10. So out of principle if i would of known it...
  14. M

Actually they appear to be using a third party which is a Ford dealer to charge me...LOL The story is long, so right now I leave it at that they do know what this part should or should not have with it.
  15. M

The part did come in, I just had not been wanting to talk about this matter is all. I am pretty upset with this whole order. Yes, this was indeed a plastic Skid Plate which I never ever would of thought of it being (I am amazed the tow hook is not plastic either), the site lacked that simple...
  16. M

Can the V6 Explorer run on E85?

Yep my lease 04 Explorer is a Flex Fuel one...however the mpg is a lot worst...plus liek the poster above it is hard to find in MI and it cost close enough to the real deal that the .05-.10 cents a gallon you save does not really add up to much of a savings if your getting 12mpg...LOL I will...
  17. M

Yep, and a good company would either ask you if you wanted the hardware and this is how much or ask you if you rather cancel the order. When I respond back to a "sales@" email address I expect it to also go through. I should of not ordered through them as the lack of phone number should of been...
  18. M

another Uhaul question

A small business wont do a dang thing, when it comes down to making money or no money they will pick money and call your Explorer a Hummer all day long. Like the other poster said, use tape over the emblem...not sure why this is a big worry. I think HomeDepot also rents trailers.
  19. M

hmmmm if it is plastic I will do a chargeback, their site should say this...any Skid Plate I have seen has been metal...so this would be new too me...LOL I guess we will find out soon enough....
  20. M

LOL I figured I would just addon to my post here about this too vent. The good news is that my Tow Straps came today from www.truckaddons.com. The bad news is the package says they are rated at 5,000lbs MAX but yet the website says Rated Capacity is 10,000lbs...
  21. M

Nah, this is a stock item as far as I know....I got it from: http://www.directpartsconnection.com/ I am not impressed with these people so you might want to hold off untill you here my comments back on this to order from them. As far as the tracking info says (at least they sent me that) it...
  22. M

NV Ghost towns (Nye County)

Can anyone tell me the road conditions or trail conditions for this area (North of Warm Springs): http://www.ghosttowns.com/states/nv/images/nyenortheast.gif I have a leased 2004 Ford Explorer XLT 4x4 with sock tires (17" rims/tires)...soon to have a Gas tank skid plate installed plus tow...
  23. M

another Uhaul question

It is not a big lie to say your in a Merc Mountaineer...after all pretty much the same vehicle except for a few differances....LOL I would check with smaller Uhaul rental locations, the small business guy wont care what you call the vehicle, call it a F150 if you like...lol
  24. M

I just ordered the gas tank skid plate for my 2004 Ford Explorer XLT 4x4. They emailed me saying it does not come with the Hardware...I am not sure what this means? I tried to email them but it just bounced back. I am assuming I just need bolts to bolt this up????? What size bolts will I need...
Back