Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Q

3M Clear Bra Questions

As blwnsmoke said - clear bra has come a long way since 2003. A clear bra is the best investment you can make if you drive your vehicle regularly, drive on the highway frequently, or live in an area where there's lots of blowing sand. After living in New Mexico for 5 years, you wouldn't...
  2. Q

FSA 20B19 Transmission Shift Hesitation

My ST currently is at the dealership waiting for a new transmission. mid-July is when they said it'll be in.
  3. Q

Whipple Intercooler

Only if the dealership can prove that the modification caused whatever discrepancy you have.
  4. Q

JLT Oil Separator - ST

I really wish people would educate themselves on warranties and the Magnuson Moss Act.
  5. Q

AEM Dry High Flow Filter

That is what I would go with as well. It's crazy how many times I've seen cone filters just doused with the oil. I have a dry filter with a "sock" over the filter element on my Evo. Keeps it nice and clean.
  6. Q

Aftermarket Wheels

What're the specs on the wheels?
  7. Q

Gap between the speedometer plastic piece

Man, this brings me back to the early 2000's on car forums lol
  8. Q

Blow Off Valve Turbo (BOV)

The "Boomba BOV" is not a BOV, it's a spacer. You can DIY with some supplies you can find at Lowe's/Home Depot and save yourself the $100.
  9. Q

AEM Dry High Flow Filter

A drop-in air filter will net you negligible gains, so much so that it's fairly impossible to notice from a "butt dyno." The gains you're noticing are most likely because you want to believe what you did made your car perform better.
  10. Q

Gas to use in ST

I have never owned any forced induction vehicle that I've ran on 87. Won't change that.
  11. Q

Seat memory malfunctions

Glad to see I'm not the only other one with this issue. Guess it's to the dealer AGAIN
  12. Q

How to: 2020 Explorer ST - Performance Tires/Wheels Sizing Guide

nice looking wheels, just a smidge too much tire poking out for my likes. although 325's on it make it look mean as hell
  13. Q

Missing Part? - Strut Tower Insulator

Any chance we could have you get the part numbers off those panels? I'd like to add them to my ST.
  14. Q

2021 XLT Sport Appearance Package

I really wish car manufacturers would stop doing "Appearance" packages to "look" like their top of the line models.
  15. Q

Aviator owners - need a favor

On Tasca, the struts themselves are $40/each.
  16. Q

thanks for the pictures. Looks like there’s sheet metal with the “nubs” missing on my Explorer that would make this impossible. Oh well, it was worth a shot.
  17. Q

As previously asked, just how many times are you going to open your hood? I mean, these aren’t being used as much as say...hatch struts. But thankfully instead of wasting money, I’m wasting time by engaging in wars of words with you fine fellows...as I’m no further along in my request than...
  18. Q

You can get an ST for $34K? Have you ever had a vehicle with hood struts? If not, you get spoiled by not having to raise and lower a prop rod. Sure it may not seem like a big deal, but there’s cars well under the Explorer’s price point with them, and the Aviator has them...so why not the...
  19. Q

Can any of you post a photo of your hood struts? I would very much like to put struts on my Explorer ST, since Ford decided their $55K+ SUV doesn't need any. I'd just like to see where they're mounted/attached to. Thanks!
  20. Q

2020 Ford Engine swap

these STs are running low 12's with tunes. You really need to spend that much more money to have a V8? Hell, just wait until turbo kits, exhausts, and intercoolers come out.
  21. Q

Navigation Issue

So is your home address not on your registration in the glove box?
  22. Q

Cupeez....gotta love them!

I just had my guy hand cut some Xpel film when he did all the rest of my clear bra. Works wonders and saves the paint from scratches!
  23. Q

Ordered 2015 Explorer Sport

I talked to my dealer a couple weeks ago when the 2015 thread started.
Back