Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

P.A.T.S Does ANYONE understand it?

Thank you all. I guess I will have to see if I pulled out, or broke a wire or something. Although the halo around the ignition looks ok perhaps I somehow may have broke it-I heard it can be very fragile. Also I was not quite sure how the thin wire with the blue plastic on it exactly goes around...
  2. W

P.A.T.S Does ANYONE understand it?

I was able to lower column, install and fix my broken shifter and tube. Now the problem is the car will not crank over-all the necessary lights for engine start up will come on but the car will not crank over. It appears to be the anti-theft (P.A.T.S) system (flashing rapidly). Is there ANYWAY...
  3. W

@#$@ PATS....Won't start, broken ignition collar..HELP!

I was able to lower column, install and fix my broken shifter and tube. Now the problem is the car will not crank over-all the necessary lights for engine start up will come on but the car will not crank over. It appears to be the anti-theft (P.A.T.S) system. Is there ANYWAY to overide, disable...
  4. W

steering column replacment

As a retired mechanic perhaps you can help me. I was able to lower column, install and fix my broken shifter and tube. Now the problem is the car will not crank over-all the necessary lights for engine start up will come on but the car will not crank over. It appears to be the anti-theft...
  5. W

Steering Column lowering
  6. W

how do you lower a steering column in 2000 ford explorer sport? I took out the two screws on the U-joint but it did not come down, are there other bolts at the bottom?
Back