Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Standard vs Sport Brakes

All I know is if you go to Summit Racing there are about 4 different rotor sizes to choose from for my 2016..... and you guessed it! I ordered the wrong size.....
  2. S

For anyone on the fence about a exhaust for their Sport

How is 23 MPG even possible!?!? I'm hovering around 16. However, I live in Germany and have a section of no speed limit Autoban between my house and work..... so I routinely go WOT to get up to passing lane speeds.
  3. S

And you Thought our 13-15 tuning was good!?!

That's perfect! Just need to sell it to the CMFIC around here....lol... since it's "technically" her vehicle. Thanks!
  4. S

And you Thought our 13-15 tuning was good!?!

Probably stupid question.... So, if I get the 93 tune but have to run a lower grade, with it have any negative effects on the XSport? Such as when I am out of town and can't find 93 octane... Or, should I play it safe and get both the 93 and 91 tunes?
  5. S

OEM Hankook Tires, Like or Dislike

Buy two, use the "other" Hankook as a full sized spare, but check to see if a full sized tire will fit in the wheel well.
  6. S

2016 Limited or Sport

I promise you will wish you had the Sport..... the 3.6 naturally aspirated feels like you're trying to get a battleship moving from a stop. I got rid of my 2013 Limited for a 2016 Sport because every time I drove it I cussed it out for being such a fat hog. Couldn't get in and out of heavy...
  7. S

New 2016

My wife loved her '13 Limited, but I couldn't stand to drive it with that slow, fat pig response it had. She, reluctantly, let me trade it in on a '16 Sport and now she completely agrees with my decision and can't imaging ever going back to the non-turbo'ed X.
  8. S

My 2013 Explorer Sport Nightmare

I do! Check it about every two weeks (every other fill-up).
  9. S

Who is serious about.....

+1!! If I had a damn Sport... I wouldn't need a CAI, CAT Back, and a tune! Jeesh! Must be some spooky Ford warranty issue here, because there sure doesn't seem to be any interest in waking up that PIG of a 3.5L. And... at 4900lbs... that's a lot of fat...
  10. S

K&N Intake

+1... good question....
  11. S

13 Explorer Sport - changed stock headlights to 8k HID

So how much $$ do you have in the entire setup? I'm thinking my blind-at-night wife would benefit greatly from this mod!!!
Back