Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

2010 radio back light works sometimes

Factory dvd head unit. How do i fix the back light so its functioning normal again?
  2. J

No heat after replacing some coolant lines

You are correct. I was able to get it going last night. Rear heat was giving me the most fits. Thanks for the reply.
  3. J

No heat after replacing some coolant lines

The lines that run to the heater core for the front heat and they branch out to run to the rear were leaking so I ended up making my own. It's plumbed in correctly and topped off with antifreeze, but now I get no heat what so ever front and rear. When I discovered the leak yesterday, the heat...
  4. J

Winch Sizes.

Dang....just over a month shy of a 8 year old thread brought back from the dead.
  5. J

At the dealership

I feel much better now. New filter, gasket and fluid in the transmission. Had them check the flash in the PCM and it was up to date. They reflashed the CAM, so now it gets to relearn everything. Anxious to see how this reacts over the next couple of weeks.
  6. J

At the dealership

I hear ya. I've been through several transmissions on older explorers so I'm always cautious.
  7. J

At the dealership

That's great to hear. This is just a DD for my wife, with an occasional tow. I just want it to last.
  8. J

At the dealership

Called my local Ford shop last week to see about getting my tranny flushed (51,000 mile 6R80) and they said that they don't recommend dropping the pan and changing the filter anymore. And they still wanted $200 to do it. I really wanted to service it while is still under the power train...
  9. J

What is the button?

Heated windshield, who woulda thought! Thanks!
  10. J

What is the button?

On my 10 EB, what is the blank button between the seat warmers suppose to be for?
  11. J

4x4 auto?

I've never seen ours light up in any way when the Auto is working, since it's just temporary anyways. The traction control light may flash on briefly.
  12. J

How to disable the 4 wheel drive on a 2007 v8

I decided I'd cut the gray wire with orange stripe to see how it worked. Took it out for about 10 minutes and put a few miles on it. No lights on the dash came on. The 4WD does not work, like fugereb said. I did not do this because I want to do a burn out....but she will do a burn out! That...
  13. J

How to disable the 4 wheel drive on a 2007 v8

I'm curious of this too.
  14. J

What are you paying for your new Explorer?

As do most topics on there. I just didn't see it.
  15. J

What are you paying for your new Explorer?

Considering trading in our 2010 for a new one, but can't seem to find the guts to pull the trigger because of the price. Curious what everyone else is paying for theirs. Looking at an XLT with leather and touch screen radio. Nothing to special.
  16. J

V8 ticking noise

Yeah I'm familar with the exhaust manifold leak and sounds. I think this is different, but sure is something to look at.
  17. J

V8 ticking noise

Fuel injectors? Really? I wouldn't have guessed that. Does your seem to get better or worse when you rev it up?
  18. J

V8 ticking noise

Has the noise gotten any worse as time goes on?
  19. J

V8 ticking noise

Looking at buying a 2010 EB with the 4.6. I only has 31,500 miles on it. When I popped the hood I noticed the ticking really bad. A little search on here talked about the cam phasers, which is the same thing my buddy that use to work at Ford said. I could only hear it when the hood is up...
  20. J

Roll Over Posse Board Member Nominations and Elections

Wow, that is impressive. Glad you are ok.
  21. J

Comment by 'JoshC' in media 'dsc00041-2'

It was a custom made/built done by the guy who also made my lift. He's no longer in business.
  22. J

Rear ABS codes, weird

I saw that thread last night and got me to thinking. I'll start with the info you guys gave me, thanks so much!
  23. J

Rear ABS codes, weird

So I have 2 codes, B1235 and B1236. Scanner says ABS sensors on rear are not signaling, or something like that. I find it odd that both sensors would go out at the same time. I can't find anything when I search google or this site. Any thoughts? Is B for body? Google brought back some codes...
  24. J

Three codes, one I need help with

Yesterday the engine light came on. I have a P0171, P0191 and P1237. I've done some research for the first two and I have a couple things im going to try. I'm not sure about the P1237 though. Fuel pump or a secondary circuit? Any experience or thoughts? Could it be that they are all three related?
  25. J

Pulled the codes and fixed a few things

Wow, that is a troubleshooting nightmare!
Back