Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Ford Everest SUV

Does anyone think there's some kinda loophole that you can order the Everest here in the U.S. as a special order vehicle? It's built using the Ranger body frame. The 2021 to 2023 is a nice looking truck especially if you throw a lift kit on it and trick it out with all the bells and whistles.
  2. R

2014 limited front HVAC

And the saga continues. So yesterday I replaced the front HVAC blower and resistor. Had the AC system recharged (took 47 oz to refill). Started the old girl up and the system starts running. Rear zone nice and cool, left front nice and cool, right front side blowing straight hot air...
  3. R

2014 limited front HVAC

For a late model build 2014 limited V6, what are the correct part numbers needed to replace the front HVAC blower motor and resistor? I took it to the dealer and they wanted to charge me over a grand to do the work. I'm not rich and my last name ain't Getty. Thanks
  4. R

O/D light flashing and service engine light on

On Sunday my O/D light started flashing while i was driving my kids home. Yesterday morning got in my car and it didn't start flashing again until the car warmed up. After about 10 mins of driving the service engine light came on as well. I'm guessing the O/D band inside the tranny is busted...
  5. R

Heater control problem?

Last Friday the wife and daughter call me while they're on their way home and says the car is making a funny noise (2003 Explorer XLT 4x4 v6). So they get here and I'm in the truck and there's a funny almost clicking like noise. So I'm looking and looking and I asked them did they do anything...
  6. R

How To: Fix the Door Ajar Problem

Okay now I'm gonna throw a twist into the infamous black wire repair. I have a '03 Explorer XLT (V6). I'm experiencing the same door ajar/dome light issue as everyone else is and in addition to that my side view mirrors are working on and off. Also if my drivers side door is open and the key...
  7. R

Converting from auto on column to auto on floor?

Previous owner killed parking brake due to same issue. Found out after the fact. Wife also has a hard time with auto on the column. Thought it'd be a simple conversion without a lot of headache.
  8. R

I would've thought that since the body style didn't change drastically between 2003 and 2006, it'd be pretty straight forward to transplant the center console shifter from a 2006 into a 2003. Granted the linkage, wiring and fabrication would have to be done, would the brain need to be changed...
  9. R

Was wondering if anyone has ventured into converting their explorer from an automatic on the column to automatic on the floor? I've got a 2003 Explorer XLT V6 4X4 (4wd auto, 4 wheel high and 4 wheel low) with overdrive. In light of the recent issues with the tranny locking up while parked on...
  10. R

Interchangeable tail lights?

Morning everyone newbie here. Was wondering if you can put 2006 Explorer tail lights on a 2003 Explorer XLT? I'm looking for something nice but don't want to shell out a lot for aftermarket. Thanks
Back