Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

How to: install a Aftermarket Stereo if you have a JBL Factory System. Intructions

Low Level vs High Level Inputs Nevermind - I found all my answers in previous posts.
  2. N

Gonna do what they said can't be done...

Yes, there are some updates. The pulleys I bought would not fit and after researching the net (forums, ebay, etc), it seems they don't make a pulley set to fit the 1995-2001 Explorer/Mountineer 5.0L as it's an original setup used nowhere else. So unless I make or get a custom set made, it...
  3. N

A Milestone Is Reached! Yesterday, I got new O2 sensors and changed the two upper sensors. I was immediately surprised at the difference! The truck felt lighter, more responsive, and not so sluggish! Sort of the improvement that the tune made, but more pronounced! I guess the old O2...
  4. N

Yes, it has the little factory infocenter just like my Mark VIII has. I've compared these with actual logs I use from fill-ups and my GPS and they are always pretty accurate. I've burnt up about half a talk of fuel with in-town driving and my average has gone up about 2 mpg with just the...
  5. N

I've done a little driving on the new tune and I see something else Don put in the tune. When I let off the accelerator, the fuel is completely cut off and the mileage gauge goes to 99 mpg. It never did that before so I know Don must have put that in the tune. It only starts pumping fuel when...
  6. N

I know I said I was gonna do the tune-up first, but the custom tune came in my email so quick, I put it in. The difference is noticeable immediately! It sounds, runs, and shifts better. I haven't had a chance to check out the mileage yet, but I'm sure it's better. I had Don at Lasotaracing...
  7. N

Oh, by the way - something I found through my own experience regarding mileage: I have a 1995 Thunderbird that I swapped in a Mark VIII 11.25" converter to replace the stock 12" converter. The car feels lighter and much quicker off the line, but the surprise was ...... my in-town mileage...
  8. N

I found a close-out deal on fleabay for a 3 pulley set that costed me $37 shipped! Couldn't pass it up! Funny you mentioned the Mark VIII fan - I own a 1995 Mark VIII LSC and I have a spare electric fan from a Mark!
  9. N

I just bought a 1996 Explorer 5.0L AWD that I am going to use for a daily driver. It has 130,000 miles and runs great. :exp: What am I gonna do that hasn't been done? I'm gonna get some decent mileage out of this thing. So far my baseline with this SUV is about 18-18.5 mpg on the highway...
  10. N

TORQUE MONSTER Headers GROUP BUY

Dang, guess since I just found this forum and thread (heck, I just bought the Explorer), I'm stuck paying full price! lol
Back