Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Travisfab

Travis' 94 - The Culmination!

Check it! https://www.offroadxtreme.com/engine-tech/go-fast-explorer-goes-farther-with-titan-trail-trekker/
  2. Travisfab

6 inch lift

Yeah, I tow with it, but only a light bass boat or 5x8 single axle trailer. Last time I towed it had the 240K motor & trans. It now has the no door motor & trans which have 60k/20k on them. I already pulled the 35’s off & went back to 33x10.50’s for clearance issues. I’d like to go to 4.10’s at...
  3. Travisfab

'93 Explorer: crank, but no start

Check the big main wire that goes from your battery to your starter. It can look perfect, and still have a bad/loose connection. It seems counter intuitive, but it will give you a crank/no start issue on a 1st gen.
  4. Travisfab

6 inch lift

I run 33's on my truck with the stock 3.73's. My truck does great. Re-gearing is cool, but it can be pretty low on the priority list.
  5. Travisfab

Early bronco lift on first gen explorer?

Really none of that is worth getting. You can pull off a 2" lift with springs and shackles, but anything bigger than that will require either drop down brackets or cut/turned beams, and extended radius arms, or some sort of radius arm drop down.
  6. Travisfab

What price would you pay for a '94 that has been built out and enjoyed already?

Low teens is the going rate for a truck like that these days. Solo builds top notch parts. Clean stock 1st gens are 3-4K now, and 5k+ for one with a lift. That truck has an easy 10k of parts and labor already put into it vs spending every night for 6 months trying to build your own.
  7. Travisfab

GoFastExplorers Spring 22’ Meet - Video

We have had 4 meets, & every time there are a few stockish trucks. We try to mix up the route so everyone can have fun.
  8. Travisfab

Still working on dates, but probably late October/Early November in Johnson Valley
  9. Travisfab

Had a blast running this thing out at the GoFastExplorers meet. Zero issues, and pushed it harder than ever. Before the trip I did a front shock revalve and it made a huge difference!
  10. Travisfab

We had some incredible photos taken out at the meet!
  11. Travisfab

20+ EXPLORERS - 100FT Jumps! - 12 min Of 4k Drone Footage!

Hopefully the thread title catches some attention this time! If you love Explorers, you will love this video. My buddy put a lot of time into it!!!!
  12. Travisfab

My truck is a GoFast Desert truck! I can carry a decent pace through good sized whoops. I have ran it pretty hard when full, but I try to strategize my trip to where it's empty when I get into the big stuff. My bumper is also pretty rediculous when it comes to strength, so that is something that...
  13. Travisfab

Need help looking for a lift kit

Yes, the Deaver pack does fit second gens!
  14. Travisfab

Forgot that I went out to KOH with the 35’s, lol
  15. Travisfab

Went straight to Mexico the following day.
  16. Travisfab

I recently added a Titan Trekker auxiliary fuel tank to my ride. It added 13 gallons of additional fuel capacity. With gas prices where they are at, it allows me to avoid those middle of nowhere gas prices! The water on the ground in the last pic had me doing a water pump right afterwards!
  17. Travisfab

We had another killer run. So many Explorers in one place! Check out the 12 minute video!
  18. Travisfab

Here's what the tires look like installed. I also added 1" wheel spacers up front.
  19. Travisfab

I’m prepping my truck & another truck for KOH this weekend. Tires will go on as soon as I have a second to breathe, lol! They will definitely be on for this weekend though.
  20. Travisfab

Couple more pics
  21. Travisfab

Couple new things for the truck. McNeil fenders and 35x10R15 Tensor tires.
  22. Travisfab

Interchangeable Parts

I swapped a 93 motor into my 94 and kept all the 94 electonics. The entire engine harness is different!
  23. Travisfab

Lowering

2wd & 4x4 Explorers have the same beam pivot on the passenger side. Rangers are different on either side, and have difernt length 2wd beams.
Back