Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

5.0 explorer 2wd?

I got one too!
  2. H

All The Kinds Of Lifts!

This forum is just incredible and one thing that I really noticed is that there isn't one thread that bluntly explains all the different kinds of lifts and what they lift, and how much they lift... (at least I couldn't find it). So lets begin... I am a rookie, so please HELP by filling in...
  3. H

Suspension Lift 99 2wd Explorer

thanks a lot for all the info on SOA!... can I do an SOA WITH the add-a-leafs? how much more lift would that bring? And if so, how do I lift the front to match in addition to the 3" spindles? Torsion Twist + Warrior shackles?
  4. H

Suspension Lift 99 2wd Explorer

Help! I'm just a rookie. I got the Spindle lift for my 2WD '98 and it comes with 2 add-a-leafs, 2 spindles and 4 shocks. (sitting in the box here) I also have the Ranger 883 BL kit waiting in the box as well. What is SOA? I need to know, it is posted everywhere and I have no idea what it...
  5. H

Ranger Body Kit on Explorer

3 + 4 I've got the 883 kit sitting in a box right here, just waiting for my 4" susp lift to come in. Can anyone think of anything else I might need to do both lifts? i.e. extensions?
  6. H

Sk1er17's 98 Sport

sk1er17, where did you get your BL? I just ordered my 4" susp but cannot seem to find a body lift for the '98. Was it custom? how much if so... I was thinking I could try a Ranger BL and see how it goes...
  7. H

gearing?

gear ratio: how important? My stock GR is 3.73, I've been told the absolutel biggest tire I should get is 33". I am not going to regear it right now and I'm just curious as to what would happen to my performane If i try a 34 or even 35? would I lose all power to the point of being as slow as a...
  8. H

Which Gear ratio do I have?

thanks!
  9. H

Which Gear ratio do I have?

how can I tell if my gear ratio has been previously altered? Just got this '98 V8 AT. Door code say 3.73 but whoever owned it previously put 31"s and an aftermarket exhaust. The thing REALLY moves from a stand still and I think they might have up the lowered the gears... but how do tell for sure?
  10. H

Looking for Pics of the Torsion Bolt

How hard is it to turn the bolts... I could only move both of mine about quarter of a turn...? I quit because I didn't want to strip it....
  11. H

Solved Lifts and Max tire sizes

Tire Size Question Great chart, I had a heck of a time trying to find this for the late mod explorer. I am lifting my exp 4" susp + 3" body and I really want to put 35"x12.5" on there... does anyone know if this is too big of a tire (should I settle with 33s) or if it would work on my 98...
Back