Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

List of Useful Threads Hood Paint bubble issue only

FORD is usually the problem, not the dealer. I submitted a claim, Ford denied it immediately, saying it was mileage related (even though it was under warranty) and the paint wasn't perforated, which was true on top of the hood but not the bottom. I submitted an appeal which you can't even...
  2. M

Mine was under warranty and Ford denied it, saying it was milage related and the paint wasnt perforated. I appealed it saying it was perforated under the lip of the hood, and how is that mileage related. When filing an appeal you cant even submit pictures, so it's pretty much a crock of S.
  3. M

Paint chipping off leading edge of Aluminum hood panel

My dealer told me Ford considers this a milage related issue and wont cover it under corrosion warranty unless the paint is perferated which mine was in several places under the hood. I appealed to Ford corporate which is an online form which you cant even attach pictures. Ford is washing there...
  4. M

Heated Seat Driver side not warm any more

One of the things I really like about the 2014 Explorer is the Seat Warmers that are hot on high and hit my lumbar just right. Lately the driver side seat warmer doesn't get Hot like it used to. Passenger side works fine, gets toasty warm on high.. Driver side works but it's very low. Can't...
  5. M

Deciding between 13,15 and 16(?) Limited

Actually the bubbling issue "should" be covered under the 5 year unlimited mileage corrosion warranty. My 2014 Explorer has been garaged since the day I bought it new (window sticker $50,000). I don't understand why Ford can't resolve this issue. I also have 1966 Ford Mustang GT Fastback and it...
  6. M

Actually the bubbling issue "should" be covered under the 5 year unlimited mileage corrosion warranty. My 2014 Explorer has been garaged since the day I bought it new (window sticker $50,000). I don't understand why Ford can't resolve this issue. I also have 1966 Ford Mustang GT Fastback and it...
  7. M

I took my car to the Dealer to look at 16 different corrosion spots on my 2014 Explorer, that is garaged all the time. Dealer said Ford has to approve the repair, took 1 picture in the dark service area and sent it to Ford. Well Ford denied it. I have -0- corrosion or bubbles anywhere else on...
  8. M

Paint chipping off leading edge of Aluminum hood panel

Hood has to be replaced or it will just come back again. Its all aluminum so once it corrodes there is no fix.
  9. M

Actually I wouldn't touch an explorer. Ford doesn't honor the corrosion warranty. Look at the 2013 all around the lip of the hood, I bet the paint is bubbling like mine.
  10. M

2014 Explorer Sport... Where are the RCA inputs?

Can someone with a 2013 explorer find out where the a/v ports plug into? Ex: wiring harness or back of MFT. Thanks
  11. M

2014 Explorer Sport... Where are the RCA inputs?

I have a 2014 explorer limited with 302a package. I can confirm that no input plays video, tried them all with avi mov mpeg and h264. Have 2 questions. 1 is their still a video input on back of Touch module? That I can tap into and maybe add a/v input in center console. 2 does anyone...
Back