Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

air conditioner on all the time and more

I have a 2001 ex and the heater does not work and it blows freezing cold air when I turn it on!! A/C?? what is that?? next when I turn the 4x4 knob on the dash ...nothing happens...no light on dash no engaging nothing?? please help I do know one thing...I have to replace an egr valve...that...
  2. M

Hate to beat a dead horse BUT

it should be written on the top of the computer/ module that is located in the jack compartment....look on the top of the module box.....that is where the ### are located.....peace out
  3. M

wiring help

maybe, low compression, or possibly a timing chain failure.....
  4. M

instrument cluster lights and tail lights do not work??

uhhhh, I am a electrician.....what do you think???...It is NOT the fuses....me thinks that problem lies in the wiring harness area.....I got the schematic from alldata online...so this weekend I will ohm it out.....thanks for the suggestion anyways
  5. M

instrument cluster lights and tail lights do not work??

Intrument cluster and tail lights dont work??? help -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hi,. I am writing this for a good buddy of mine that is not internet friendly...he has a 1997 ford Explorer, 4.0 ohv 4x4 and he says that both his...
  6. M

Intrument cluster and tail lights dont work??? help

Hi,. I am writing this for a good buddy of mine that is not internet friendly...he has a 1997 ford Explorer, 4.0 ohv 4x4 and he says that both his instrument cluster and his tailights do not light up??? I thought it might be a fuse or relay.....has anyone seen this one before? I...
  7. M

Narrowed the new truck decision down...

Yeah!! congrats....always great to find yourself behind the wheel of a new explorer....or newer as the case may be.....when I bought my new 5.0 EX. (which I absolutly love!!) I made the stealership add in a bug deflector as part of the deal along with new tires, and Moon Roof....they initially...
  8. M

99-01 moutaineer

I agree.....get a 5.0 AWD ex or mounty.....I made the swap because of an accident with my 4.0 EX to a 5.0 EX, and it flat our rocks baby!!! the only thing that I need to do now is upgrade that crappy but road okay RT/S goodyears out for some agressive tread ATs...any company possibly Bf...
  9. M

Well I finally did it...

:us: :exp: After having totalled my 99 ex, I went out and bought a 2001 black 5.0 XLT...and man I am sooooo happy that I got it, the power is so much better to me than the 4.0 sohc..not that the 4-0 is a bad engine, but the 5-0 has a lot more to offer....feels good to get something that you are...
  10. M

Going to the stealership today!!! POLL INSIDE

Well, I settled on the 2001 302 like, oversquare said, it was what I always wanted and it is a really nice EX for 23,000 miles and hey the power is awesome I love the v-8.....I am skeptacle about the 4WD ability but as winter is surely descending on South-western New York, time will...
  11. M

Moonroof

Well, I hought a 2001 black explorer XLT, and the sunroof was an extra $1000.00 installed....which I thoght was okay since I got the guy down a thousand dollars on the price of the vehicle....which essentially paid for the moonroof....I pick it up on friday,..those salesmen were tough...
  12. M

Going to the stealership today!!! POLL INSIDE

I am going to the stealership to test drive the Black EX I have wanted for a long time, since the last one I bought which was a 99 blue XLT....this is a little troublesome to me because I am going to be biased and I already know that I want it,.....But I am going to try an keep my cool and...
  13. M

Moonroof

HEy, Well as some of you know, I smashed my 99 ex. and she is totalled... :fire: But the upshot is....I originally wanted a black 5.0 ltr. 302 ex...and Now I have found one that I want with just 22,000 miles..... two things will make this vehicle my perfect EX.....1) cd...
  14. M

My 99 explorer is gone

The ol' girl took it's last ride last tuesday night.....I fell asleep and it hit a tree head on, and bounced off another tree, and rolled then went into a creek ending up on it's side......that's the bad news....well there are a couple of legal bad news things but nevertheless that will be...
  15. M

'99 Voltage Gauge and Readings

my 99 ex, voltage gauge stays at about 13....all of the time, regardless of the load on the electrical system....well at least until I play the stereo while camping for about 4 hours then the gauge reads a little low; LOL.......
  16. M

Explorer Exploded - Thermostat Help?

I have no idea what FORD could be thinking when they "engineer" the position of certain parts on the engine. on my 99 ex, the thermostat is located under the intake black plastic thing..so you need a good socket set with a universal....why does FORD intentinally locate normal maintenance items...
  17. M

Explorer Exploded - Thermostat Help?

I have no idea what FORD could be thinking when they "engineer" the position of certain parts on the engine. on my 99 ex, the thermostat is located under the intake black plastic thing..so you need a good socket set with a universal....why does FORD intentinally locate normal maintenance items...
  18. M

My wacky compass

Compass reset / calibrate I am not sure if you know this but in order to calibrate a compass, you must find a parking lot or somwhere that will have enough space...and set the "cal" and believe it or not, drive around in circles, keep driving until it sets...and it will trust me......have fun!!
  19. M

ENgine HOT~!

Well. I think that the level was just a little low.....like I said, I filled the overflow res. and started up the engine, it gobbled about 1/2 of the water right up and the temp gauge went down to 1/2 way...Normal......hopefully I did not crack the block or something.....I just put a new...
  20. M

ENgine HOT~!

On the 1/2 hour drive to work, I noticed that my check gauge light was on...and my engine temp was high.....I pulled into the parking lot and smoke was coming outta my engine....or steam??? I looked at the radiator resevior and it was empty....I filled it and the engine temp seemed to stay at...
  21. M

Question to all 5.0 guys!

that milage that everybody is talking about it what I am getting with my 4.0 sohc......I think that the 4.0 sohc is a little weak for a 4 wheel drive and the weight of the ex......and I like to take long highway trips which are better on a eight banger than it is on a six........they are both...
  22. M

Annoying Rattle

that is wierd,. I had a similar rattle that bugged the crap outta me, turned out that the sheild on my muffler was loose causing the noise.....it was ripped off and now my truck runs quiet again... and.....this is the wierdest......I used to get a tranny code..well to make it short, I now...
  23. M

Anti rattle clips

is it possible that not having anti-rattle clips on my brake pads would cause premature wearing of the pads???
  24. M

Brake problem

I just installed a set of front brakes on my 99 xlt ex, back in July, and I never did the back brakes because they looked fine...now the front brakes and back ones are scraping metal to metal (gasp)... 1) I am surmising that the front brakes wore so quickly because the back ones were not...
  25. M

Off-Road, Slid into a tree.

LOL.....Not the worst problem....I did that to my 99xlt....actually hit the tree almost perfectly in the front center.....wierd because the air bags never went off,although I was only going about 15-20 mph but anyways....I have been driving it still for the last 8 months....almost reported it to...
Back