Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

Diablo Tuner for '10 Explorer 4.0L V6

Hey Craigwell, sorry for the delay. Ya, so the conclusion I came to after testing that '10 Adrenalin was that my V6 was actually OK and I was just wanting too much from it. I didn't notice much of a power difference between the V8 and my V6, it sounded very different, just didn't seem to...
  2. E

I looked at a '10 Adrenalin yesterday, very clean, and I really liked it. I was very ready to get it and then sell my XLT privately. The salesman (who was quite with it) got really upset when I started looking at Limited prices and started thinking that I may not want the Adr. He tried the "give...
  3. E

Update Tune#3 Back to Factory Default Okey Dokey, put everything back to factory and did a ton of driving yesterday, and again this morning. No difference. I still have more power than when I started, and I'm willing to attribute it to the higher octane fuel. Test drove an Adrenalin...
  4. E

Update Tune#2 Performance Day Two Ok, there is noticeable difference. I can't hear a change in the shift points per say, but I'm defiantly not begging for more power the way I was before. I suppose that there would also be credence in taking the tune back to factory default and seeing if...
  5. E

Update Tune#2 Performance Day One So, I'm not sure if it's just the nice weather or if I'm a little tired this morning, but I actually think there was a difference this morning. I didn't kick it down or WOT at all, but I noticed I was driving to work way faster than I usually do. There are...
  6. E

Thats a great question, I bet they are the stock plugs. I've only owned this Explorer from about 80K, so I think tonight we'll pull one and take a look. It sure wont hurt to replace them. And cheap too.
  7. E

That's a really great example, 300. As I think about it more today, I'm willing to bet if this tuner thing doesn't work, I'm going to leave it alone. :( Why was my '97 Explorer 4.0 more powerful than this '10 4.0?
  8. E

I'm not ready to blame my bad game on the golf clubs just yet. Unless we would all agree that these V6's come from the factory with the best calibration/tunes/intake systems/etc (with no room for improvement) then we can agree that something here can improve. This isn't my first V6, but it...
  9. E

Update 2 It's been a week and 350km (186 miles) and as expected, no difference. I pretty confidant that the shift points haven't changed at all either. The tune I used last week was the 91 Octane. I'll try the Performance Tune and give that a week. I realize I may need to put in a CAI to...
  10. E

Day 1 The installation was very very easy. I haven't noticed a difference in anything yet, either driving around right after the install or this morning on the way to work. I'll keep posting any changes or progress. I'm hoping to get out onto the highway this evening, that should start to...
  11. E

Changing rims. Have a question

I have tried this and yes, the TPMS light will remain illuminated till it can connect with sensors again. I shopped around for a shop that would get me a good price on the sensors and bands. If memory serves, I got them for $60cdn each.
  12. E

Thanks Explorer75, and Banditxp. This info is great to have. I'm going to go with the Diablo T1000 and I'm hoping to get this tonight and get it installed. Your suggestions are much appreciated. I'm also looking forward to relaxing the sensitivity on the throttle at lower speeds, going around...
  13. E

Hello, I really love my wheels, but I find this V6 to be a little anemic. I was thinking of getting this tuner. Does anyone have any experience with this and would you recommend/not recommend this? http://diablosport.shptron.com/p/t1000-trinity-dashboard-tuner-and-gauge-monitor?pp=8&pp=8
  14. E

Can't find LED Tail Lights for 2010 XLT

I have a 2010 Explorer XLT. I have searched every after market performance lighting site on the web, I've had my Ford dealer look and I've gone to many local performance mod companies and have been very unsuccessful. Has anyone out there found a manufacture of LED tail lights for the 06-10...
Back