Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

2002 Explorer alarm issue /door ajar

Just wonderes if you got your issue fixed??
  2. E

Not sure bout the fuse never found one on mine.... but if u get in your owners manual....it gives u step by step instructions on disabling the seatbelt chime
  3. E

Grinding sound at higher rpms????

How do i go about checkin the harmonic balancer or the balance shaft chain tensioner?
  4. E

The two different titles....DOOR AJAR SWITCH.....and....DOOR JAMB SWITCH...... are the same sensor. I bought both and come to find out they are the same sensor.....but i kept the door ajar switch which was MOTORCRAFT brand. I prefer to keep oem on stuff like that but they do offer different...
  5. E

I tried runnig ethanol free and ethanol in it but have not tried ethanol free in quiet awhile. Thats alot cheaper than the tensioner for timig chain. Is there any way to check for sure to see if it is the timing chain tensioner or anything to do with timing???
  6. E

My Ex so far, give me your thoughts!

Looks awesome. Need to tint headlights signal lights and tail lights and tint front 2 windows. But looks awesome. Great work.
  7. E

Ok, i have a 2003 Ford Explorer XLT 4.0 V6 auto 4x4. It has 132,000 miles. Recently it has started making a grinding sound coming from under hood toward front of the vehicle. It only does it once RPMs reach about 3200. I have looked and listened and tried to figure it out, but no luck. Anybody...
  8. E

That will definitely be the door ajar switch. Sometimes you can roll the windows down an lock the doors and go around to all the doors one by one and open the doors from the inside to see if it seta the alarm off but wont always work as mine would be right sometimes and then be off...
  9. E

Slight Misfire when idling no codes

Understand that. I'm not familiar with a way to actually *test* the coil pack. On the f150s I used to have u could unplug going to each plug one at a time to test but not sure if that concept works on these explorers. Wish I could help more
  10. E

led turn signals

What type of led bulb did u get and from where?
  11. E

2003 Explorer Random Misfire

Have u tried your mass air flow sensor?
  12. E

Another thing to ppssibly look at...in your original post you stated u had changed plugs and wires and all that...did u change the coil pack itself as well?
  13. E

02 explorer

Try checking your fuse for your parking lights. Not headlights or running lights...just for parking lights. See if that helps
  14. E

HELP! Idle surge when coming to a stop

Sounds like the issue I had....the Mass Air Flow sensor was bad.
  15. E

2003 Mercury Mountaineer idle problem

Check your MAF sensor
  16. E

I had the exact same issue. Here's something to try. With the explorer running, pop the hood, wait till the "rough idle" or "misfire" starts and unplug the mass air flow sensor, this will be the one on your air intake tube (be sure to watch hand placement with vehicle running). It will prob...
  17. E

Hi - soon to be 03 explorer owner

Sounds like u didn't do too bad. I have an 03 Explorer and few things I have found to be common problems is door ajar light kicking on and off and causing alarm to go off. This was due to a faulty door ajar switch. And had an issue with the push button 4wd.
Back