Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Firestone: Anybody get reimbursed yet?

DC thanks, I was afraid you'd say that!
  2. A

Firestone: Anybody get reimbursed yet?

Apologies upfront for a dumb question. My wife refuses to ride another mile on my 16" AT's, so I'm off to buy some Big O replacements. IF the 16's are eventually recalled, would I have to actually cough up the Firestones or just proof that I owned & replaced them (they're original equipment on...
  3. A

98 4.0 SOHC Tranny problems?

My 2000 SOHC (8,800 miles, 2 1/2 months old)is in the dealer's shop currently. Symptoms - O/D flashing, wouldn't downshift to 1st at stop. First diagnosis: no problem, reset codes. Second diagnosis: valve assembly trashed, undrivable, replace valve assembly. Before I hear the dealer's...
  4. A

Firestone begins RECALL program

Finally got thru to the Firestone 800#. They "have no knowledge" of any pending action on 16" Wilderness ATs. Unable to get thru on Ford's #. Emailed Ford that I felt oh so much safer that my 16s weren't mentioned, NOT. Ford's announcement: Ford Motor Company Responds to the Firestone...
  5. A

Faulty Firestone Tires kills over 21 people?

Statement from Ford (courtesy of Wall Street Journal): "Ford Chief Executive Officer Jacques Nasser said Friday that the auto maker has teams working "around the clock" on the Firestone tire problem. "We're clearly very, very concerned about the situation," Mr. Nasser said. And he held...
  6. A

To those of you being offered Bridgestones, some comments from the General Explorations thread: The tire seperation problem is not only on Explorers, it just seems more common (proably because we all drive one ). Working at Sears I have seen several Firestones, both Wilderness and Wilderness...
  7. A

Got my 2000 XLT 2 months ago. Since it was special order, I had asked for an alternative to Firestones since I swore off them in the '60s. Dealer said no can do, they come with what they come with. I figured they can't still be that bad! Now I'm sitting here in hot AZ (105-115 every day)...
Back