Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

Engine Mount bolts for TM header install

Resolved, now I have a new problem. The exhaust is in the way not allowing my headers to line up with the block (I need about 1/4inch more room). Additionally, I have only been able to re-tighten the front engine mount bolt. I am hoping that when I resolve the exhaust issue I will have a bit...
  2. F

Oil dipstick tube removal HELP!

VICTORY I got it!! More dumb questions to follow as I umble my way through this install:)
  3. F

Oil dipstick tube removal HELP!

In the process of removing my driver side exhaust manifold to install TM headers. How do I remove the oil dipstick tube? I feel like a dipstick having to ask this:) Anyway, I am gonna go start on the passenger side, will check back in a bit.
  4. F

Engine Mount bolts for TM header install

Finally starting my TM and phenolic spacer install!!! Top mount bolts: I know where they are, and how to do it, granted it is a bit of a PITA. Bottom mount bolts: Found them, loosened them, jacked motor up, NOT ENOUGH CLEARANCE to get the header in. Am i missing something? Trying to avoid...
  5. F

Infamous 3-way vacuum T

Jtsmith What is this 3 way vacuum T connected to. If I don't know the part #...the parts guys should be able to order it if I can tell them what it is attached to:)
  6. F

Infamous 3-way vacuum T

Does anyone know the part number of or proper name of the 3 way vacuum T that seems to break on every TM Header install? I went to the dealership to inquire about said vacuum T and the parts guy looked at me like I was from mars! Thanks:us:
  7. F

TM header/phenolic spacer install in Anchorage

I finally ordered my TMs and my spacer! Bob said that he has sent a few sets of headers to Anchorage...I will be doing the install at the auto hobby shop on the Air Force Base and was wondering if there was anyone locally that would be willing to lend a hand? Of cour$e I would be willing to...
  8. F

Need to cover my bases for TM header install

Slacker I have been slacking on getting my TM headers and trick flow phenolic heat spacer tackled. I plan on doing the work at the auto hobby shop on base...I am by no means a mechanic but feel that I should be able to get the job done with some help from the mechanics at the shop. Has anyone...
  9. F

Thanks for the info Cobra! Anyone else use the bottom mount bolts instead??
  10. F

Thanks!! It is a late model 97, July manf. date, which really makes it a 98 when it comes to parts. Yes, I am sure that I need an EGR tube because mine is cracked:( waaaa
  11. F

So that is why ppl are taking off the upper intake...more room! I believe this is the heat spacer you are referring to.? http://www.trickflow.com/partdetail.asp?part=TFS%2D51520008&autoview=sku
  12. F

Hey guys! I am in Anchorage AK and am going to be ordering some TM headers and doing the install myself. I have read every thread on here regarding installation (2-3 times) and yet I still have a few questions! Given my location it can take weeks, literally, to get parts up here. Which...
  13. F

Emissions Vacuum hose?

Plugs, wires, coil pack:( 97AWD 5.0 My truck started to sputter while at idle and has been hesitating upon take off...my check engine light finally came on and after hooking up the sensor I got a cylinder 3 misfire code. I just recently changed my plugs and wires but decided to change the...
  14. F

97 AWD Front Diff

Wish I had the tools It seems like a pretty straight forwards job however, the dealership is only going to charge about $140 to do the job so I will just take it in. Going to have them replace the yoke as well since it needs to be pulled anyway(no more labor cost). BTW, anyone come accross a...
  15. F

97 AWD Front Diff

So i am getting quite a bit of leakage out of my front diff. It appears to be coming out where the driveshaft goes into the diff. Does this mean that I have to replace my front drive shaft? As always...THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
  16. F

All you need to know about keyless entry

Still works Ya, it still works...just no illumination.
  17. F

All you need to know about keyless entry

Keypad My keypad no longer illuminates when I enter my code...is the fix as simple as pulling off the door panel and replacing a bulb?
  18. F

Poll: Seattle anyone

Any X enthusiasts in the Seattle area?
  19. F

Tick tick tick, and a gas smell to boot

Not so sure Thanks JT. I have seen that thread before and was left wondering because my ticking does not stop at any time unlike the X discussed in that thread.
  20. F

Tick tick tick, and a gas smell to boot

Okay...here we go. I have a 97 5.0 AWD and here are her sypmtoms. A gas odor upon start-up and a constant tick when she is running, it never stops even after it's warmed up. I know that I have a crack in my EGR tube and will need to replace that which may lessen the ticking. Could the...
  21. F

Yet another power seat issue!

All Right I will give it a shot after work and see if it works. Thanks JT!
  22. F

Yet another power seat issue!

I have checked out all of the posts regarding power seats but have not been able to find a remedy to my dilema. I have a 97 5.0 AWD and the driver side power seat is not working, with the acception of the lumbar. There is no up, down, forward, or back movement, only lumbar...:( The passenger...
  23. F

"TURDLE" or " How to mess up a perfectly good truck"

Oic Makes sense to me... Not to mention the whole computer controlled engine thing might be a bit of a bottleneck! Perhaps someday my 5.0 will be as cool as your, someday, maybe, if I am lucky.
  24. F

"TURDLE" or " How to mess up a perfectly good truck"

Block Why didn't you just swap out blocks to a 351 Windsor, gas milage?
  25. F

97 Awd 5.0 X

Thanks I might as well flush the coolant system since I am alredy draining the whole thing...
Back