Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Voltage gauge constantly moving (tried searching)

Sorry it took a few days to get around to posting to the numbers. I turned on the high beams, radio and the A/C and checked the voltage. It was bouncing between 13.78- 13.92 VDC. I also noticed that the 4x4 and low range lights on the 4x4 switch panel will light up by themselves. Its not...
  2. S

Voltage gauge constantly moving (tried searching)

I did do a search and I found this to be a common problem, but something I noticed was that in all the threads on where people have this same problem, they also experience dimming of the headlights, dash lights, etc. I don't have this dimming of the lights. My Explorer ('94 Sport) is stock...
  3. S

what kind of gas milage is your 91-94 getting???

After seeing these numbers I know my Explorer is performing how it should be in the MPG department. My gauge doesn't work on my '94 Explorer sport (probably the float is cracked and full of fuel since it always reads empty) so I reset the trip meter when I fill it up and I refill at 250 miles...
  4. S

How to remove the wheel bearing nut?

Thanks for all the info guys. Just so everyone is on the same page, I do have the snap ring off, and I do have the key out of the groove it sits in. I used the Haynes manual to show me that, but in the picture the nut looked like a normal nut but as someone mentioned earlier, its a rounded...
  5. S

speedometer cable

I got one from NAPA for less than $20
  6. S

How to remove the wheel bearing nut?

Not sure if this is the right section to post this but I did try searching first. I'm replacing my auto hubs with manual hubs but I can't get the stock wheel bearing adjusting nut to come off. I got the key out. What kind of tool do I need to loosen it? This is on a '94 Explorer sport...
  7. S

Is the multifunction switch a common failure?

I tried searching first but I'm not that familiar with this forum. This is my daily driver, but I'm an RX-7 enthusiast. This site has been resourceful though. I know know that my gas gauge stopped working because the floats sometimes crack and fill with gas and sink to the bottom of the tank...
  8. S

Is the multifunction switch a common failure?

I have a 94 explorer sport and sometimes after I make a left turn and the blinker cam turns off the turn signal, the headlights go out. If I jiggle the turn signal lever they come back on. It also happens sometimes when I'm on a bumpy road (I live in a somewhat rural area). I was wondering if...
  9. S

Are there any items that commonly fail on a 100k mile explorer?

I have a '94 Explorer sport that I got back in 2000, and it has just over 110k miles on it now. So far, the thinks that have failed are: The power lock switch on the passenger side The gauges stopped working (except the speedo of course) but I ran a new power wire for them and they work...
  10. S

Puff of smoke at start up?

If the smoke is blue, the engine is burning oil. If it's white (thick white, like a James Bond smoke screen) then its burning coolant. If it's black, its burning fuel (running rich).
  11. S

Need help with the electrical part of A/C system

Thanks alot, that will be a big help.
  12. S

Need help with the electrical part of A/C system

I'm a new member to this forum, but I've owned my '94 Explorer Sport for 4 years now and its my daily driver. My A/C stopped working and I need some help fixing it. My extensive trouble shooting has led me to believe that one of the 2 wires on the low pressure switch harness is broken. I have...
Back