Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Power Driver Seat Stuck

mine actually fixed itself. about a week later it started working again. I suspect that I have some wiring that is shorting in my explorer because this is not the only strange thing that happens on occasion
  2. S

Power Driver Seat Stuck

ok so how do you fix a drivers seat that is stuck at highest height? the driver seat won't go down any ideas?
  3. S

2014 explorer 4WD XLT - tire replacement

After 59,500 miles on original tires along with a plug that has been there for 4 years.. time for new tires. any suggestion on best replacement tires and prices? Originals were Michelins. thanks
  4. S

Split Armrest Issue

just noticed I have the same issue with my 2014 XLT explorer. drive armrest is splitting. I assume I just need to suck it up and pay anywhere else to go but dealer?
  5. S

Front Strut Bearings (2) Replaced

No to all questions the noise started after a 4 hr trip. I drive it at least 30-50 miles a week and at least 100 -150 weekends.
  6. S

Well, went to dealer this am and you are the winner, they are now replacing the wheel bearing. I can tell you this is not making me feel warm and fuzzy about keeping this car any longer. too much front end work in 18mos. Cowl, Strut, swaybar repair now wheel bearing!!
  7. S

Thanks, I have been back and forth to deal since I bought it for front end noise and it never seems to get resolved. in may they replaced the strut thinking that was the bowling ball noise I heard only to find out that wasn't the issue and resolved it as being a bolt on or in the sway bar...
  8. S

UGH......thanks, how many miles did you have when that happened and is yours 4WD?
  9. S

Sounds like Washer on Spin Cycle Anyone ever experience a noise while driving 40mph+ that sounds like a clothes washer on spin cycle?
  10. S

just got a call, apparently noise was from front left sway bar. going to pick up car hopefully all is fixed.
  11. S

after two days, still no idea what is wrong . Dealer claims they are trying to locate an "electronic ear" to help find the issue. They got a digital one from another dealer today but don't like working with it. So the ordered a non-digital one that should be there tomorrow. I am very...
  12. S

Dealer just called to tell me strut replacement did not fix the issue. borrowing electronic ear from another dealership to track down the issue. Giving me a loaner. Does not sound good.
  13. S

2014 Explorer Front Strut needs to be replaced!!! So my explorer is one year old this week...over memorial day weekend, klunking ball rolling sound became prominent not only when riding over bumps but also when just driving along. From day one, i had complaine to dealer about front end noise...
  14. S

Explorer A-Pillar Rattle/Noise

Right side noise at windsheild I had this in my 2014 Explorer the "cowl" was not fastened properly and had to be tightened. With that being said, still have some noise, rattling going over bumps.
  15. S

2014 Oil Leak REALLY!

ok so, car is ready to be pickedup....reset oil change reminder, says it wasn't reset properly...cannot reproduce oil smell.....hopefully it doesnt come back...
  16. S

2014 Oil Leak REALLY!

I did not.....too much going on this weekend and totally forgot. Car isnt there yet getting dropped off after they finish recall of '08 Taurus X.
  17. S

2014 Oil Leak REALLY!

Car going to dealer today. will let you know outcome!!
  18. S

2014 Oil Leak REALLY!

OMG, this post has me concerned. I have a 2014 XLT 4WD, 10K miles and last week the "check engine oil soon" indicator came on, when i drive it and pull into the driveway i can smell oil....ugh...called the dealer this morning who showed concer, ok may be a drop of concern, since my car is...
  19. S

Windsheild Noise Yes, there is a bulletin out on this issue and they knew about it. In my case, they were able to hear it as well...I do need to report that i still have the issue when i hit a pavement groove or bump on the highway...I have not been able to find the time to get back to the...
  20. S

i am happy to report that the dealer was able to verify my concern and had a bulletin on the issue...the dreaded "wiper cowl"....i picked it up last night drove on the highway for a bit noise seems to be gone hopefully gone forever!! thanks for you help!!
  21. S

Thanks,I will check out "cowl" and call dealer. I am new to this blog and blogging in general..Much appreciated.
  22. S

Thanks I will try it...is this something that i have to take in to be fixed or can i just do it
  23. S

'14 XLT Highway NOISE!! I have a 2014 XLT 4WD that is making an abnoxious LOUD vibrating noise on front passenger side...at first I thought it was wiper rumbling but it is not. it is very loud...anyone else experiencing this issue? anyone know the cause?
Back