Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Explorer Gas Mileage - including Ecoboost

I put on stock wheels and tires for about a 6 hour drive this weekend. I averaged about 13.8mpg to and from our destination. Some mountain, lots of straight flat road through the desert. Probably averaging 80mph.
  2. B

Tpms on 22"

Had the shop install the wheels and tires, however I purchased and brought the new TPMS sensors. I think which sensors you purchase matter. On my Focus ST and the Explorer Sport, I did not have to program anything when I had new wheels installed. I get all my sensors from ShopTPMS.com
  3. B

Tpms on 22"

Actually, the TPMS monitor fault can be several things. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMevsqjSEIQ I have had no issues with my aftermarket wheels. I have had random fault triggers with the stock wheels... for no reason.
  4. B

Installing or Programming Daytime Running lights (DRL)

FYI - The DRL and many other things can be programmed from people other than the dealer. If you are in the San Diego area, PM me and I will give you a contact. They were able to re-program several things for me very easily.
  5. B

Got Livernois?

Motorcraft SP534 through RockAuto.
  6. B

Got Livernois?

I just wanted to chime in and recommend re-gapping your spark plugs if you have not done so already. I ran the Livernois tune for about 6 months before doing so and really didn't know what I was missing until I had them done. I bought new plugs, had them gapped correctly and had them installed...
  7. B

Explorer Audio upgrade(s)

So has anyone successfully replaced the factory sub in the factory enclosure?
  8. B

Hardwire Valentine1 to accessory line

I bought the Blendmount and the plug and play wiring that comes with it that utilizes the power in the power mirror harness. http://www.blendmount.com/ford-explorer.html
  9. B

Aftermarket wheels

Yeah, I feel you on that. I won't go into details here. I've been in the Automotive Industry for about 20 years.. so I think I know what you are talking about. I went with them because of the price I can get through my channels. I had other options, but just too expensive.
  10. B

Aftermarket wheels

Thanks. I will probably try it out after I order the Interceptor parts so I can do it the right way.
  11. B

Aftermarket wheels

I am still on the fence on that modification. I've seen some photos of this mod done, and in some of the images it just didn't seem to look right. I've got running boards just sitting in a box too. Still not sure if I want to run them or not. Did not want to go through the hassle of...
  12. B

Aftermarket wheels

25mm rear 20mm front I think 20mm for rear would be ok. I liked that little bit of push with the 25mm though. Looks like I just need to replace the bolts that hold on the fender trim with button head bolts to get away from the minor rub. If I went with 20mm, probably would not have needed to...
  13. B

Aftermarket wheels

Thanks Billy. It took a bit longer as Toyo was back ordered on the rear tires and the wheels are made to order according to the specs submitted. I was not aggressive on the offset because if I had rubbing issues I would be stuck with them - So I went conservative and ended up using spacers...
  14. B

Aftermarket wheels

Did you read them? They all come to the same conclusion. Outside diameter. If you achieve the same diameter then the rest is just theory until proven otherwise. Show me one example of someone damaging their transmission caused by a staggered setup within tolerance.
  15. B

Aftermarket wheels

There are plenty of AWD vehicles that come with staggered setups from the factory. Examples have already been mentioned on this very forum. Peter this is also not the first time you have made this statement without any evidence to support your claim. Your calculations are also probably off if...
  16. B

Aftermarket wheels

22x9 front 22x10.5 rear 285/40 265/40
  17. B

Exhaust Options for the Sport

Did you not rev the engine in all of the videos?
  18. B

Caliper Covers for Sport

Also, there is a small tab on the backside of the rear covers towards the wheel hub. That needs to sit below the caliper bracket, not on top. If your tab is sitting on top, that is why you are having a clearance issue. Looks great though.
  19. B

Caliper Covers for Sport

Make sure the cover is flat up against the caliper. If not, bend the brackets that are on the cover a few degrees and it will bring the cover in so it's snug.
  20. B

Caliper Covers for Sport

Odd. I did not need spacers on mine. However added aggressive spacers a few months later.
  21. B

Aftermarket wheels

Plenty of people run staggered on AWD vehicles. You just need to do the math and stay within a reasonable range. The difference my setup will have is fine.
  22. B

Aftermarket wheels

It should end up 31 overall diameter rear and 30.3 on the front. Pretty damn close if you ask me.
  23. B

Aftermarket wheels

285/40/22 265/40/22 But this is for staggered setup. 10.5 rear, 9 front.
  24. B

Aftermarket wheels

Toyo Proxes STII
Back