Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

Corroded Battery Terminal / Cable

With the engine cold I am reading 15 to 15.2 V across the battery. (Idle through a couple thousand RPM) Think this is enough to cause the problem? Also anyone know what the max voltage should be? Thanks
  2. L

I have cleaned, used conductive compound, felt washer, and terminal spray. May be overcharging as another reply indicated. Thanks
  3. L

I replaced the OEM battery A few months ago on a 2016 XLT 6 cyl. To keep the battery Functional I had to clean a lot of white corrosion from the positive terminal connector every few months. I figured it was a leaker so replaced it and find the replacement is doing the same thing. White...
  4. L

Selected to meet with Ford (2020 Explorer) Engineers - INPUT NEEDED

Well you could bring up a non-engineering question. That is, who at Ford decided those things were worth $52k +. I have owned them since maybe 1992. Every one had substantial trouble, worst was the 2004. Almost every moving part, torque converter at 55,000, and believe it or not the steering...
  5. L

Nav displayed traffic before...

I brought the traffic feed back, $5.95/month from Sirius added it to my existing account. Have had it for maybe 5 days. So far it does not reflect current traffic flow on the Interstates. This AM where the old feed would have been yellow and red for slow and stopped traffic the map was all...
  6. L

Proving Oil Changes?

It is the combination of oil/filter purchase history with the reset data , not just the reset data that would be a compelling argument.
  7. L

Proving Oil Changes?

Need a good IT guy for that answer but it seems everything else is recorded and stored.
  8. L

Proving Oil Changes?

When the oil change alert illuminates and you reset it is a record established showing millage? If so can it be printed? Then match your oil and filter purchases to that. I would say that would be a pretty tight argument.
  9. L

Thank you for the info. Makes sense. Unfortunately Ford has made a mess of this with the lack of communication. I used their SYNC help area on- line chat and was told to 1. Update SYNC and 2. Get the latest map version. $149. Neither of these would have solved the disappearing feed. Thanks again
  10. L

2015 Limited with nav lost the traffic feed suddenly last week. Typically it showed the flow along with accidents etc. I have the latest SYNC installed but traffic is gone. Otherwise the nav works. Car turned 5 last week. Can anyone report a similar problem? Or a solution? Thanks
  11. L

2015 rear brake disc - Torx screw

Can someone help me with the purpose of the Torx bolt brake disc screw that threads through the face of the disc into the hub? I am going to replace a disc - the manual reads - remove the brake disc screw. Thread a M10 bolt into the brake disc removal hole and tighten to press the disc off the...
  12. L

Light stone leather seats wearing

I have 1500 miles on my 2015 limited. The coloring or coating on the seat is wearing off near the door (both sides). Particularly on the piping. Has anyone had similar problems? The colorant doesn't seem to be chemically tanned in the leather but more of a coating. Suggestions on what to do...
Back