Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. I

2002 Ford Explorer Sport - MY quest for 30 mpg!!!

I also have an '02 sport to subscribe to the thread. Having similar mods that you do (at 59k) I recently got 19.2mpg on a combined city/highway fill up. Just one question though, did you put the entire can of seafoam in the tank and none in the vacuum line or oil?
  2. I

How to: SOHC Throttle Cable Mod

Well mileage is often dictated by how you drive, and having improved throttle response may change your driving style or just how heavy your foot may be ;)
  3. I

4x4 fuse confusion

After about an hour of using the search function, I don't think I found what I'm really looking for. Recently I've noticed that my 4x4 high occasionally does not engage when I flip the switch over. It will work fine for a few weeks/days then out of the blue just refuses to engage the 4 high...
  4. I

How to: SOHC Throttle Cable Mod

Nice mod you've got there! So when you mash the pedal to full throttle, the pedal isn't necessarily on the floor? Or am I imagining things incorrectly? Let us know how it works a few miles down the road and if it change your driving style/habits and any MPG gains involved.
  5. I

hey help me,lol

How on earth does anything electrical still work in your truck? I'm also slightly curious as to what your truck smells like. Wait no I'm not.
  6. I

How to: Replace Spark Plugs and Wires – 97 Ford Explorer, 6 Cylinder, SOHC

Thanks for the beginner tutorial! I hope to be using this in the near future. Should have taken some pics, threads are always better with pics.
  7. I

02 sport Itinerary, seafoam egr, dpfe troubles

Seems that since I graduated college recently, I have been told by many people that that day has marked the beginning of my migratory or nomadic point in life, and my aptly named vehicle, the 57,500mi explorers too. Until I find stable employment in a city in a career that I like, the eX is in...
  8. I

Dirty Injectors?

I foamed yesterday and it was a noticeable improvement in power and response. I cant believe I haven't done this sooner. Cant wait to see what new spark plus will do.
  9. I

Dirty Injectors?

I fail at searching. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=238581&highlight=seafoam+vacuum But here's a pretty good tutorial on how to administer seafoam which I'll be using tomorrow. My spark plugs are past due for changing, is there a chance that using seafoam will absolutely...
  10. I

Dirty Injectors?

http://www.seafoamsales.com/ Seafoam makes seafoam. Would a full bottle in a full tank of gas be sufficient for cleaning the motor? Is it really necessary to put some through the vacuum line? (I'm not 100% sure where my vacuum line even is...)
  11. I

Carpet cleaning question

I often use a small carpet cleaning wet vacuum. I think its called a Bissel green machine. It has 2 containers (1 for clean water/detergent water, other for dirty water) and you have a button to spray clean water down then vacuum it up...
  12. I

Considering buying 01 Explorer Sport 4x4, any particular concerns about these?

Could someone provide a link to what is meant by timing chain problems and sway bar end links? Its been a while since I've been to this forum and I've lost all knowledge of where things are. That being said, my 01 sport 4x4 (going on 60k now) has had its breaks replaced at around 55k(calipers...
  13. I

Ipod owners. Show me your explorer/ipod configurations

I think i just wet my pants...
  14. I

ipod to stereo hook up?

Look at this link. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146787 You need to check to see if your headunit will accept the IP-BUS adapter (part number CD-RB10 OR cd=rB20
  15. I

Those 3 things are all you need. I just routed the iPod connector (from the belkin unit) near/between my driver seat and under the center console where it meets the carpet.
  16. I

That product there is about the same as the belkin unit, but with more wires involved.
  17. I

No, there is no other adapter than that. But it's just about the only non-modulated way to hookup an iPod well enough. The iPod adapter is complicated and i've heard that it doesn't work that well. But the IP bus works very well. There are 2 models; one just has the RCA inputs. The other has 2...
  18. I

I think it's regular CD/Ipod quality; high quality. I haven't heard any hissing or cracks like you get with FM modulation. Yes, you control it through the ipod.
  19. I

Tell us exactly what it says or find a copy of it on the internet so everyone can look at it and maybe give you some help. :cool:
  20. I

It didn't come with instructions?
  21. I

I too am interested in why you don't like it. I strongly believe that the CD-RB10/CDRB20 adapter is among the cheapest and best ways to wire an ipod. (at least for pioneer radios)
  22. I

I got a belkin auto kit ( http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_ID=149006 ). It charges my ipod and has a built in amplifier. Connected to the charger is a 3.5mm headphone jack that splits to two RCA males. Since I have a Pioneer headunit, I bought the aux input adapter...
  23. I

added techron and have clouds of smoke

I too would like to see the link for paper air filters...
  24. I

2001 Explorer Sport airbag problem

Double check the code, if it's 3-7 check out this thread: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109287
  25. I

Mustang 4.6 throttle body on a 4.0 SOHC Explorer

Is it like a concrete drill/ hammer drill? Al, any mileage results with the bigger TB? Maybe I missed them or what?
Back