Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Diagnosing possible alternator whine.

It sounds like the alternator is on its way out. Not totally converting AC to DC and it is being radiated through speakers. Just an idea. Maybe check ground to alternator as well.
  2. T

Right rear window goes up when pushing down button

If there are 2 wires, swap them around.
  3. T

speaker replacement with stock amp/head unit

Polk audio are good too. Work very well with factory radio. Also Kicker CS for a money saving alternative.
  4. T

Problems Installing New Stereo

No argument. Just making sure people get correct information. I think you mis-read my answer anyways. I was referring to the harness coloring from aftermarket radio. Not the wire harness on the vehicle side. It's ok, people hear what they want to hear sometimes. I am here to help.
  5. T

Ok, let's chat. Radio uses red ignition wire to turn on and off. How would the amplifier turn on before the radio if they are using the same trigger wire? Some cheap ebay radios will not have blue/white and that is when using the red wire would be a solution. And standard CEA colors are blue...
  6. T

Nope. Yellow is constant voltage. Red is voltage with key turned on. Blue will only have voltage on am/fm. Red will be on for aux,cd,usb, whatever and has no voltage when key is off. I am using standard wire harness colors of course, OEM wire colors are different and not applicable.
  7. T

Pioneer 4100NEX Upgrade Questions

First off, nice radio man!!!!! ok 1. Sat radio is a separate unit, the SXV300. you can find it for $50. you will need to transfer service to new tuner. 2.no issue with over powering the factory sub, just make sure to use a 2k ohm resistor on the blue/white amp turn on wire so there is no turn...
  8. T

No power to the rear speakers

Green and green/black are rear left side, purple and purple/black are rear right side. I can check tomorrow at work to see Ford wire colors and get back to you on that.
  9. T

Solid blue typically has voltage when the radio is on for powered antennas. Better off hooking the blue/white on harness side up to the red ignition wire that has voltage on all sources.
  10. T

I messed up and broke something

Check your speaker wires. If one is grounding out or touching together, the sound usually goes out but radio still powers up. They will still "pop" when testing with a 9v battery.
  11. T

07' Stereo Upgrade

Do a voltage divider, or the lazy way is a 1.5k ohm resistor in line on the amp turn on wire. Blue/white wire.
  12. T

New head unit issue

I bet you accidentally have the orange wires from the car side of the harness connected together.
  13. T

Button harness, 05' Mountaineer, installing CarPlay

What Pioneer are you talking about? They have 6 current models that can do car play.
  14. T

Voltage step down

Okay.... Take 2 1k ohm resistors and twist 2 ends together in Tha shape of a Y. One top of Y is blue/white from radio, other top of Y is ground. The part you tried together, the bottom of the Y, goes to factory amplifier. Hope this helps.
  15. T

Factory Rear DVD W/Aftermarket Head Unit

DVD hardwire colors are as follows; pin 5 lt grn/black is switched power for the DVD player, pin 17 orange is DVD audio right +, pin 18 DVD audio right -, pin 19 red is DVD audio left +, pin 20 DVD audio left -. If RCA are connected to the audio wires you can play into the AUX input of an...
  16. T

Voltage step down

Well shoot.....I will try to find another diagram.
  17. T

WTB: 3rd Gen heated side mirrors

I am looking for a set of power side mirrors with heaters. Prefer black in color in good shape. Thanks for any replies.:thumbsup:
  18. T

Factory Rear DVD W/Aftermarket Head Unit

If I get a chance I will look up some diagrams and companies to see what I can find for you. I have access to alldata at work and metra special order and other manufacturers as well.
  19. T

Voltage step down

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-rSL5O6IiHNs/UQmJcFOKFEI/AAAAAAAABW8/5_iZXgBCcEM/s1600/Voltage+Divider.jpg Just get 2-1k ohm resistors. Maybe radio shack or any competent car audio shop.
  20. T

2002 double din

Harness is Metra 70-5519. That has both regular harness and amp harness if Explorer has factory subwoofer. If it does, wire a 2k ohm resistor on blue/white wire to avoid turn on pop. Radio bezel pulls off, I start at the top. Then 2 7mm screws are removed from bottom of radio. Voila...
  21. T

Running board removal problem

Try PB blaster on the bolts. Soak them and wait like a week and try again. Or possibly heat the bolts with a small torch. I wouldn't give up so quick and start hacking stuff.
  22. T

2002 Ford Explorer Remote Starter Parking Light Connection

FLCAN and DBall2 do "clone" which means only 1 key is needed for programming. If you can flash a PKALL, you should be able to flash a FLCAN.
  23. T

2002 Ford Explorer Remote Starter Parking Light Connection

Double check which jumper you are moving. If I recall correctly, there are 2 jumpers. Parking lights and tach threshold. Parking lights are + behind the switch and Ford's are notorious for picky tach signals.
Back