Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

For anyone on the fence about a exhaust for their Sport

I did the Mdesign intake before I did the exhaust work. Between the intake, exhaust and my revised 3bar tune turbo's are much more noticeable. I baby this car so at low rev's in a higher gear especially third gear turbo spool is clear as day.I just need it to pickup at work so I can order the...
  2. F

Ugh these are deff the ones I want after seeing them installed. Did they give you a price on them?
  3. F

Where is this emblem you speak of? Their website?
  4. F

Glad I could be some help. Now you have to black out that Sport emblem. I have a paint guy that does all the vehicles on the showroom and he hand painted mine. I did notice that the car felt quicker. Maybe because the turbos spool quicker but I had just gotten re-tuned the day before so who...
  5. F

I told you!!! This is the best option by far because it sounds the best. The deep sound that they create is awesome. I love your choice of tips. That's what is up next for me and the x-pipe. Currently I had them just put the factory tips back on. Where did you get the tips from? I have to find a...
  6. F

3 bar map sensor

Remove oil cap than engine cover. If you're looking at the top of the motor towards the middle of the windshield there is a black sensor. This is the stock sensor. You can tell it's the right one because it has ONE screw and is on TOP of the manifold. Unscrew single screw (forget what size I...
  7. F

The Magnaflows are the way to go. Have the shop cut off the old ones and place the magnaflows in place before they weld them on. This way you can determine if you like the sound (which you will trust me). My next step is to add the x-pipe and go slightly larger tips. I'd like to do black tips...
  8. F

Thank you. It gave me what I was looking for. Not crazy loud, really deep tone and doesn't sound like a Honda. I'm now trying to decide what to do with that third cat/muffler before the rear mufflers. I saw a guy on here do an x-pipe with his but I'm afraid it will be too loud. My exhaust guy...
  9. F

I like Unleashed and the SCT unit because you can datalog and he can remotely see if anything is going on or if he needs to fine tune it.
  10. F

I took a sound clip but I don't know how to upload it
  11. F

Sure thing, I wasn't really paying attention to the box. I kinda left it in his hands. I do know that you will be looking for a muffler that's offset/center out. I'll call the guy and get back to you with in the next few days. A tune is a must at this point. I wouldn't drive this vehicle stock...
  12. F

Yeah it's weird because if I baby it I get less but if I drive it somewhat hard it get's better. 98% of the time I drive it like a grandma because I love it so much lol. I consitently get 21-23 MPG combined. Only run shell 93. In the winter I was getting around 18-19
  13. F

Wanting a different sound. It met what I wanted perfectly. I couldn't tell if I gained anything. The day before came a revised tune from Unleashed which was a huge difference than the previous tune I was running. No change in fuel economy. I hover around 23 MPG still.
  14. F

Agreed, I listened to a bunch of videos and none of them sounded like these do. I took a video and you can't really hear it like you can in person. I really like it
  15. F

I had been very leary about doing an exhaust on my Sport because all the videos I watched sounded like the vehicle had a swarm of bees in it. I wanted to do the Magnaflow full kit but it was expensive and I heard mixed reviews on it. I took my car to a guy who does all custom kits. I told him...
  16. F

Tune Update question

Thanks for the replies guys. I did return it to stock before I updated and as you can see from my other post I've gotten into the swing of datalogging now. Thanks
  17. F

Datalogging stock vehicle

That's what I figured as it's even in the manual. Torrie said that negative KR is ok. My positive readings are not crazy but they are there. I saw the readings and panicked but I think I'm ok
  18. F

I hear you. His tune/service is the best by far. I'll see what he say's and ask about a revision. I'm ordering his 3bar so I wanted to get this sorted before that stage.
  19. F

0 knock at WOT or part throttle? I seem to be getting a tad a part throttle. I just started logging it. Plugs are being changed tomorrow so I'll log again than send the log to Torrie.
  20. F

Has anyone datalogged their vehicle while stock before they tuned? I'm curious as to what knock sensor reading they were getting stock? Apparently there will be some knock whether stock or tuned.
  21. F

Tune Update question

SCT device cannot connect?? I updated my SCT device through WiFi because for some reason the device won't connect to the computer. I've downloaded the updater software and the Livelink software but the computer will not recognize the device. Can anyone help me on what to do?
  22. F

Tune Update question

The computer I used to initially transfer my custom tune to device I no longer have access to. I have a MAC so I used my co-workers personal computer. I downloaded all the SCT software to my work computer. My question is SCT just released a new update for the device and before I update the...
  23. F

Performance sport14

If this is the avenue you are going I would love to see this build progress with pictures.
  24. F

Performance sport14

What type of drone did you have? I haven't heard anything except sometimes when I'm in boost and let off quick I hear a blow off type noise. Could be the factory ones though. I wasn't going to do a CAI either because I've read the same things you did but ended up going with one anyway. If...
Back