Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

154 Miles with Issues

Update: Great News! I was only out of the Explorer for less than 24 hrs. It seems like the issue was when they were building the Explorer at the factory there was a clamp on a hose that wasn't engaged properly. So as I was driving down the street that hose popped off and leaked all of the...
  2. M

Paint Issues - Non Hood

This whole post is beyond just being incorrect. I've worked in a body shop for 5+ years and as long as you take it to a quality body shop and one Certified by Ford you will be fine.
  3. M

154 Miles with Issues

The cooling fans were one of then first things I checked when the light came on. Still running. However once they got it up on the tow truck you could see the car was leaking antifreeze.
  4. M

154 Miles with Issues

After an hour and 15 minutes I'm still stranded with no tow company showing up yet..
  5. M

154 Miles with Issues

Picked up my brand new 2015 Ford Explorer yesterday and have absolutely loved it until just now. I was driving when my Low Coolant temperature warning came on with the check Engine light shortly after. Soon started to lose power and then the Low Oil Pressure light came on. The vehicle became...
  6. M

MO Plates

I would like to know this as well since I pick up my new Explorer in the morning.
  7. M

Power Liftgate doesn't raise entirely

There is a way to set the lift gate to where it only opens to a certain height, have you tried resetting that?
  8. M

Water pump failure leads to dead engine

What is the number?? Haha kidding of course, but I'd love to see the look on her face when 20 people call her to ask her why Ford isn't taking care of a car barely out of warranty..
  9. M

Rear passenger door locked closed

Roll down the window and try taking off the belt moulding and window track. You may need to remove a screw to get the belt moulding off. Youtube this and I'm sure you can easily do it yourself. This will give you a little room to look down inside and see if the latch has just came undone. At...
  10. M

Water pump failure leads to dead engine

I am in the process of getting ready to buy a brand new Ford Explorer next month and this is making me wonder about Ford's dedication to their customers. In fact I am supposed to go by the dealership next week... If I was in your shoes I wouldn't be happy either and part of me says that would...
  11. M

Suprised how Ford treats customers

I use to work in a body shop as a estimator for several years and believe me when I say that the way he described the dent, there is no way he could have possibly done that himself. Sounds to me like a manufacturer defect. However, if I was in this case I would have refused to pay for it and...
  12. M

Invoice Pricing?

Thank you. Looks like my assumption was right.
  13. M

Invoice Pricing?

Is it pretty common for invoice pricing on add on's to be around 12.7% OFF MSRP? Seems like that is what I am finding but need to make sure. Can anyone help?
  14. M

Invoice Pricing?

So here is my dilemma. I ordered a new 2015 Explorer XLT from a local dealer and received a call today that they are no longer taking orders for the 2015. Therefore I am back to square one on finding a Explorer and negotiations. Originally In my negotiations with them they provided me when a...
  15. M

Changing Wheels after placing Order

Supposedly I placed my order the day after they stopped accepting orders. Really stinks since I spent so much time thinking about, researching, and choosing the different options. Now I will have to accept whatever is available out there that they can find.
  16. M

Thanks Crystal but unfortunately I received a call from my rep this morning stating that they have stopped production on 2015 and are now moving to 2016. Little dissapointed but it looks like I will have to have them try to find me one instead. Are you finding this to be true as well?
  17. M

Hey guys.. First time poster here. I just ordered a 2015 Explorer and after 8 (long) years I am finally going to be apart of the family again! My question is: When I placed my order I didn't pay enough attention to the wheels that I wish I would have and now I am regretting not getting the 20"...
Back