Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

How to get to Flasher Relay? How to Remove Interior Fuse box?

Check here http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2384211#post2384211
  2. A

Signal Light problem

Check here http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2384211#post2384211
  3. A

Flasher Issue Help!

Sometimes a little break is all you need to figure something out. :) After I went back out it was easier. So, here are the steps I did: - disconnect battery - remove a couple of screws from lower dash trim, then pull off - remove odb2 port from bracket - remove 2 screws from parking brake...
  4. A

Flasher Issue Help!

So, anyone figure out how to get that fuse block / pannel out? My blinkers sometimes work, but most of the time just turn on and stay on. Both sides do the same thing. Besides removing half the dash I can't see a way to drop the block and get to the relay. Seeing as some people have problems...
  5. A

ABS light

check out this thread, a little searching helps. :) I have the same problem.http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168079&highlight=abs+light
  6. A

Class 3 hitch

Don't step on the rear bumper then. It's supported by the factory hitch. If it really bugs you to have two hitches, you can buy a class 3 from the dealer. Then it's just a swap. I did mine and think it was well worth the money.
  7. A

noise/sound during acceleration bewteen 1500-2000 rpm

I've got the same whine/high pitch noise. Only happens when cold, while acelerating and most often, going up hill. From about 1500-2000 RPMs. My only guess is the tranny.
  8. A

keyless entry code?

I had to find mine after I got the X. The dealer wanted some huge amount of $$ to plug in thier scanner and read it. It is on the C pillar. Just pull the weather stripping back and release the top trim piece. It's on a little computer module back there.(on a sticker) I had the link above...
  9. A

Hitch and Towing Capacity

1.) It depends on your skill for if a gear change is a DIY install, I'm guessing most will opt to have it done for them. If you have 4x4 or AWD you'll have to change the front gears too. 2.) I've done some checking and from what I can tell Ford put a tranny cooler and p/s cooler on all '04...
  10. A

2004 Explorer XLT off road struts and shocks

Well, Rancho lists rear '04-'05 RSX17000 shocks and both fromt and rear '02-'04 RS9000X(adjustable) with an available 2" lift. I've got an '04, but I don't know what changed in front, or why the RS9000x shocks work for '02-'04 and RSX1700 don't. I'd give Rancho a call.
  11. A

manufacturer towing package

Hmm, I have a NON tow package '04 EB with the 4.6 and it has both the PS cooler and tranny cooler, but in different locations than jrford said. The PS cooler is mounted to the frame cross member behind/below the radiator. The tranny cooler is mounted between the engine radiator and A/C...
  12. A

Limited Slip Diff?

Are there any limited slip diffs available for the 3rd gen? Mine didn't come with the tow package so I didn't get one and I'm guessing the OEM one is expensive and not as nice as an aftermarket. I did some digging and was wondering if I came up with the correct info. Does the EX have an 8.8"...
  13. A

Exhaust performance gains??

I'm looking at doing some upgrades to my X. :) I'm looking at picking up a Gibson exhaust. (looking for something quiet for the wife) Anyone know if there are any performance gains? How much? Less low end TQ? Or are these systems just to sound cool... Thanks!
  14. A

Its here - Electric Cooling Fan install

Anybody put an electric fan on their 3rd gen with a 4.6? Just wondering what is out there and what is working for people.
  15. A

Ummm... Trailer Hitches... 2" Can't Fit?

That hitch works if you're on a budget, but the Ford one looks nicer and is simple to install. (no drilling, just hand tools) Check out the thread that jim linked.
  16. A

Towing questions

That is pretty much what I figured out. The towing package on the V8 gives you the receiver and 3.73 limited slip. The other goodies (trans cooler, ps cooler) are standard.
  17. A

Towing questions

Right now my EX is out of town, but if I remember right I got a look at it from the bottom. But it was hard to see, there was a plastic shroud blocking the view. Since it was well below freezing I didn't look any more than that. I think it was a normal radiator type, but I'm not 100% sure.
  18. A

Towing questions

I picked up an '04 EB with the V8. It didn't have the tow package so I bought the class III/IV hitch and wire harness for the 7 pin connector for under $250 (from the dealer). You have to pull off the rear bumper cover and then take off a few large bolts and the hitch pulls off. Then you just...
Back