Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

MyKey Ignorance

Was bought used.. Only had one key.
  2. J

MyKey Ignorance

I was afraid of a dealer trip... :thumbdwn::thumbdwn::navajo: Any idea how much a key will cost me???
  3. J

MyKey Ignorance

So, messing with the MyKey features I have screwed up.... I only have one key, so I got into the settings and somehow I have programmed my only key to my key. What am I going to have to do to delete the MyKey settings???
  4. J

Front end clunk - bushing failure?

Guess everyone's clunks and bangs have settled down?? FWIW: I will have my second strut replaced on my 2014 this week! Bottom plate is loose! LMAO at FORD!!! :D
  5. J

Best front brake/rotor combinations

Well fly, just to be honest, NAPA gave me the smaller rotors instead of the larger ones that I needed. So, I had everything tore down and just ran to AutoZone and picked a rotor up. So far so good. Plus, the AutoZone has a 2 year warranty!! It is worth a shot! :thumbsup:
  6. J

Front end clunk - bushing failure?

My 2014 was making the "clunk" had it to 3 places, finally a dealer has found a bad ball joint and right axle boot leaking and a four wheel alignment! Also had a right strut leaking oil! Mine was clunking going over small bumps and when you dead stopped and pulled back out.
  7. J

I do have the larger Sport/Police brakes. Looks like the previous owner "turned" the rotor and its warped. So, instead of noises and vibrations, I will just change the rotor and have new ceramic pads!
  8. J

I have decided to try Napa rotors with their ceramic pads. Hopefully they will fit what I need!!
  9. J

I was thinking Motorcraft rotors. Who sales Raybestos?
  10. J

Getting ready for front brakes and rotors. Anyone experimented with different brand brake/rotor combinations on the Explorers to see what has worked best for you?
  11. J

Front brakes

My 2014 XLT does the same thing. Sitting still, can you turn your steering wheel from left to right and feel/hear anything? I had mine to the dealer this morning and was given the service letter TSB 14-0186. Needing thrust washer installed on left side. May be something to check into.
  12. J

Popping, Clicking noise from front. Newer TSB

Had my appt. with dealer this morning. Received the diagnosis of TSB14-0186. Not covered under powertrain warranty. :mad: Has to do with the left CV joint needing a thrust washer.
  13. J

Thanks Peter! Everyone seems to be having problems with the right side. My problem does seem identical, but on the left side. I have an appointment on Saturday at the dealer so hopefully will find out then! :thumbsup:
  14. J

Steering Noise New to the forums guys! 2014 Explorer XLT 39,*** Purchased the other day... now having second thoughts!! I had a popping issue when I was in parking lots. Dealer replaced both struts, balanced tires and aligned. Now, I still notice a popping when pulling into a parking lot...
Back