Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

No Heat Passenger Side

x2 blend door. You can run the EATC check, get the Truck up to temp and have the EATC off, then press the off button and front defrost at the same time and then and immedately press the automatic button. The system will test and then display a code, otherwise the entire display will light up...
  2. D

AC suddenly stopped

I ended up taking it in since I figured the system would have to be opened and properly charged. The compressor failed in that the rubber ring that connects the clutch to the pulley separated. A new compressor and I was good to go.
  3. D

AC suddenly stopped

It looks to me like the compressor is not turning. I bought a recharge kit at the parts store and it comes with the low side gauge which showed the pressure is way above the normal range. It was showing in the range of 100 PSI whereas it's supposed to be between 25 and 55 according to the gauge...
  4. D

AC suddenly stopped

Today after taking a few trips in my 2007 Limited my AC suddenly didn't work. At first I heard a screeching noise from what seemed behind the dash, it went on for awhile until I realized it was coming from me (I thought it was a far away weather siren as we are having bad weather today) I turned...
  5. D

HID headlight questions

^ What he said. Buy it all at once, its cheap and rude to run HIDs in scatter-beam headlights just do it right the first time. with a full retrofit conversion, you plug the ballast harness into the old headlight plug. So yes, the HIDs will function exactly like your current headlights.
  6. D

Should I Get a 4th Gen?

I've been enjoying my 07 4.6 LTD since October. I bought mine while looking at a 2009 Envoy Denali (junk). The strange things I've seen is that with the V8, the trans can get a bit goofy when slowing down/at stops (I think its a known quirk and not actually a problem) it sort of lurches, or...
  7. D

Cheapest Chipped Keys?

My dealer charged me $80 for the key, program and they also gave me the keypad code. That's not much more than your wal-mart quote, which as stated is probably a clone quote. Believe it or not, I called independent locksmiths and they were all more expensive than the dealer and had no idea how...
  8. D

Repairing faded door panels, how?

I see.... Well that's good to hear anyway thanks for the help.
  9. D

I thought I should go by the book too so I went ahead and ordered the adhesion promoter... but not the cleaner... I'm sure that's just some cleaner that leaves no residue. Ah that makes me feel a bit better... I've seen your other posts on it not matching and it worried me... I'm certain i...
  10. D

Bad gas mileage... looking for a fix?

I thought the exact same thing when I read "Junior License". Don't take offense, most of were exactly the same, hence speaking from experience. 9 mpg is pretty bad, but it might be within the tolerances. The EPA 13 mpg is an "average" city rating, meaning some will get worse, some will get...
  11. D

deves, I just ordered some of the colorbond camel from Amazon to do the panels on my 07 Limited. Did you use the adhesion promoter on the door panels, or did you see that as unnecessary?
  12. D

vacuum air noise in cab

Is the sound constant or occasional?
  13. D

Flush or Filter/Fluid Change

I will never do a power flush. ALWAYS fluid/filter change. IMO only bad things come from a power flush. I don't think you'd ever see any improvements that you wouldn't from just a simple fluid/filter change.
  14. D

No Heat

I would check for obstructions on the actual blend door itself. Edit: or at least check that the door freely moves.
  15. D

Heat coming from vents when only vent is on

Do you have the EATC or the manual controls? If EATC, get the truck up to operating temperature, and go into the diagnostic mode of the EATC by pressing Defrost 7 off simultaneously (press, not hold) and then within 2 seconds of releasing, press the auto button. The display will do some...
  16. D

Power Running boards - Menu options don't change

The owners manual does not have any information on a faulty menu. In my original post, I state there is no selector icon for the menu option for the running boards. Perhaps I wasn't clear enough on that. All other options show the current selection. (Park assist, easy entry, etc)
  17. D

Power Running boards - Menu options don't change

I've recently discovered a problem with my explorer. When I go through the driver's computer and I try to go to turn off the power running boards, there is no selector. When I hit reset to change the options, nothing happens, there is no arrow showing the current selection, and it obviously...
  18. D

Explorer 4x4 question

No, I just bought the truck and didn't want to use it until I had slick pavement to try it on. I tested it when I looked at it but basically just to verify it would shift into high and low... I'm hoping it's just because there was too much traction and the road wasn't as slippery as I...
  19. D

Explorer 4x4 question

A few days ago I did a front differential fluid change on my explorer by siphoning and re adding fluid. It was raining pretty hard so I decided to test out the 4x4 high option at a low speed and when engaged there was a bit of groaning at less than 7mph. I didn't test at any higher speeds due to...
Back