Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

Biggest A/T tire size on stock 17 inch rims for a 2006 Explorer?

I had a 2-3mpg decrease. Had it reprogrammed slightly by a buddy who worked for ford. Worth the decrease, plus it's only money so who cares. Looks really good with the bigger tires. With speedometer being off it shows I have a 4 -5 mpg decrease but if I calculate it it turns out to be maybe 2.5
  2. E

Biggest A/T tire size on stock 17 inch rims for a 2006 Explorer?

I have the general grabber at2 in that size and they only rub at full lock to the left. And only on the plastic guard. Can easily be fixed, but it doesn't bother me because I almost never hear it. Expect bad mpg and speedometer being off
  3. E

Reprogramming Wheel power distribution

we have a matco Maximus scanner at my shop. After hooking it up to my 2008 explorer, I found a function that allows reprogramming wheel power distribution. I would like to attempt to program it to be 2wd all of the time unless I engage 4wd. Has anyone done this, or does anyone know if this will...
  4. E

Replacement parts suggestions

. Bank valued it last year with 9k on it for 17000, repair quote was about 5-6k. They decided to give me way more than that instead of just fixing it. Pissed they wouldn't just fix it, but the money was nice too for minimal damage. Still totally drivable. Alignment was checked by myself and is...
  5. E

Replacement parts suggestions

to keep a long story short, I was hit in a 4 car collision in my 2008 explorer. No damage other than plastics and tail gate. Insurance totaled it, gave me a large amount of money, and I bought it back. It only has 30 thousand miles on it. Now I am looking to replace my rear bumper and front...
  6. E

CB radio instal questions

Where did you find that mount? That would be perfect
  7. E

So I got fabbed up a mount at work. Just a piece of steel to bolt into my roof basket for now. The antenna sits way high off the vehicle now. I'll get pics up if I get on to my computer soon. Any suggestions on wiring? Ran mine to the battery through the grommet under the driver side of the dash...
  8. E

Rear dif leaking at 27k

Shop has been slow today so I decided to take a peek under my 2008 EB. Did general grabbers on it at 19k (265/70r17) and just noticed the rear dif is leaking on the front side towards the driveshaft. Looked at the oil coming out and it doesn't have any metal filings in it, so I'm going to assume...
  9. E

I ordered a cb radio, firestik antenna, and everything to wire it up. My only issue is a good place to mount the antenna. I tried fabbing up a bracket to mount to one of the tail lights but I don't think it will work very well. I would prefer to not drill any extra holes, does anyone have any...
  10. E

Straight pipe suggestions

So we will be cutting out the exhaust at work on my 4.0 ex this next week. Ordering pipe from the local auto shop looks like it'll be at least 70 dollars because they only have 7 foot sections. Any suggestions or links to a website with 4 feet of pipe? And can anyone confirm the size I need? I...
  11. E

My '07 Limited V8 'Garage Thread'

What size bulbs did you use for the overhead and the doors? Been planning to do this for a while
  12. E

Tire options

So I've come to a conclusion. Since I won't be lifting the explorer any time soon,I think I'm going with general grabber at2 255/70r17. Seems like this size has less chance of rubbing.
  13. E

4th gen westin bull bar only $99!

Amazon has one westin bull bar left for all 4th gens. Just got mine in today will have pics in the forth gen forums of it installed with my light bar next week. http://www.amazon.com/Westin-33-2030-Ultimate-Chrome-Stainless/dp/B000LY9H04 Only one left in stock ! Comes in a westin box with all...
  14. E

LED puddle light notes.

Was there any issue with a bulb out message? If not I am definitely ordering some for my puddle and plate lights
  15. E

Tire options

It was owned by my grandmother prior to me owning it. She drove it every week, but only short distances. I wouldn't have bought it if I didn't know who owned it or why it had so few miles on it.
  16. E

Tire options

New to the forum, just bought a 2008 Ford Explorer EB 4.0 4wd with 9500 (yes 9500) miles on it for $11,500 in October. Tires wore down quick because they are the originals and the rubber is wearing quicker than usual. Looking to go to 255/70r17 and possibly general grabber at2 or bfgoodrich...
Back