2. S

3rd gen sway bar disconnects

Who has them?
  3. S

Another light bar ?

You mean to each light?
  4. S

For Sale Aviator Front Spindles and Brake Caliper setup

if I remember the conversion correctly, this will be everything except new rotors to do the swap. Your explorer hub and wheel bearing will swap over, and like he said, you may need new calipers. Thats a really good deal as all the junk yards around me are asking over 100 for the knuckle itself...
  5. S

Sway bar quick disconnect?

im not a 2nd gen guru, but from what Ive read elsewhere, you are going to want to look at limiting straps if you disconnect. The fronts of those trucks actually articulate pretty well when disconnected.
  6. S

Another light bar ?

4 will fit flush. I had no issues with any metal rings. not sure why you are. As for power. I ran a fuse panel under the arm rest but inside that same part of the console (think behind the cup holders) and have tapped all of my power from that panel. The power to the panel is fused with one...
  7. S

Another light bar ?

sorry about the delay. Mine dont fit exactly flush with eachother because of the curve. Also, bend the prongs angled down or up to give yourself a little more clearance.
  8. S

Ranger vs. Explorer FRONT Bumper

did you ever try this?
  9. S

Betty's "I want to be a mule" progress log thread

our shop has a rack full of little pieces like that. Various fittings that are less than common are on some of them. It makes it so we can run entire vehicles worth of new lines and still tap into the screwy fittings some makes and models use. Glad you found the right fitting for your...
  10. S

Betty's "I want to be a mule" progress log thread

probably would have been easier to buy a 6" section from the store. They sell them in all kinds of configurations. I get using parts you have laying around, but I cringe at the idea of an improper seal on a brake line. Just asking for a tiny leak that you dont notice until you have massive...
  11. S

02-05 Custom Front Bumper

you've got some meesages in your inbox
  12. S

How to: 2002 Explorer rear wheel bearing replacement (pictures)

Or use better bearings. I have done all 4 with sks bearings and haven't had any problems. I'm at 249k
  13. S

How to: 2002 Explorer rear wheel bearing replacement (pictures)

as of recently, Moog sells complete knuckles with bearings. I forget who makes hte bearings, but Moog puts their name on the line with them so they arent terrible.
  14. S

Tail Light Guards

pm sent
  15. S

Who's running 285/75r16?

Andy, truck is looking good. We need to get together and hit the trails some time
  16. S

Another light bar ?

this is the company that makes them.... and these are the plates that go on top. The plates mount to the various consoles and are interchangeable. It lets you really customize the consol for your needs. I'd have a row of switches for lighting, a row of switches for power to things and maybe...
  17. S

3rd Gen Explorer XLT lift fabrications

I have the ranchos on my truck and no other lift. But I'm running 255/75/17 (32.1") with no rubbing. I did have to ziptie the inner fenders but they were barely touching. I just figured better safe than sorry.
  18. S

Another light bar ?

Sorry no offence meant... it just seemed like an odd question. And thats 13 months not a month. But The only issue I had behing there was the plumbing for the heat vents at the back of the console. This is police equipment type stuff, but would solve your issue. I'll be running something...
  19. S

New England Explorers - Still Active?

thought this was beyon dead..... Hi from NH
  20. S

3rd Gen Explorer XLT lift fabrications

34's will be tough on a third gen. Best of luck and welcome to the site.
  21. S

Another light bar ?

what?!?!? There is no bracket back there. The problem is the curvature of the console itself.... and if they arent connected like mine its not an issue. Admins, is this guy a bot or something???
  22. S

Off road jacks

I personally hate scissor jacks. I have seen too many twist out and fold side ways. That being said, you obviously used jack for a heavier truck, so that should help a little. I like the adapter you made, but I'd be more nervous with it under there. Maybe make a plate to go on the bottom and...
  23. S

Another light bar ?

how did I do it? Just cut the hole with a razor knife. Are you asking where I got the switches?
Back